Racist Chants By Spanish Fans (1 Viewer)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
With Fifa and Uefa set to launch an inquiry into the Spanish FA after black England players were subjected to loud, persistent and disgraceful racist abuse in Wednesday's so-called friendly, British Minister for Sport, Richard Caborn, has expressed his anger at the antics of the Spanish fans concerned.
Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ashley Cole in particular had to endure monkey chants in the ill-tempered match in Madrid which Spain won, 1-0.
Caborn said: "I will write to my Spanish counterpart to express my outrage. I would like the Spanish FA to condemn the scenes.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said: "It’s very bad to hear when people boo players because of the colour of their skin.

"At Lazio four years ago we had some fans who did the same. When things like this happen, then something must be done."

Captain David Beckham , who plays at the Bernabeu for Real Madrid, admitted the chanting had surprised him.
"Playing here and living here, I’ve never heard anything towards racism at all," said Beckham.

The behaviour of the Spanish fans follows the remarks made by Spain coach Luis Aragones last month about Thierry Henry, ahead of Spain’s game with France. Aragones has not personally apologised to Henry, and refused to comment on Wednesday’s incidents.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw a few minutes of this match and english players seemd too angry.specially Rooney(who made Eriksson substitiuded him at 41th min)and Cole.that was strange for me in a friendly match but I didn't know Spanish fans've made them mad by their racist chants.big shame.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Racism is one thing that should be stamped out of the game, maybe even with a higher priority than doping and diving.

David Beckham IMO should have led his players off the pitch.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
but to throw all Spaniards into one basket and say "Fvck the Spanish" is a tad hypocrticial don't you think?

btw refresh my memory; when else have Spanish fans been racist recently?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
but to throw all Spaniards into one basket and say "Fvck the Spanish" is a tad hypocrticial don't you think?
this i agree with

Luis Aragones in the spanish NT's trainin session(on Henry)
and 2 days ago in the match between Spain U21 V.S England U21.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
oh, I knew about Aragones' but not the U21 game

OP
king Ale

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10

that was so strange for me too.if this happened in Italy or Germany I woulden't wonder,but in spain...I simply can't believe.

OP
    king Ale

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++

what happened?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++

that was so strange for me too.if this happened in Italy or Germany I woulden't wonder,but in spain...I simply can't believe.
    actually nor can i:confused:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

oh, I knew about Aragones' but not the U21 game
    Fifa and Uefa are set to launch an inquiry into the Spanish FA after black England players were subjected to racist abuse in Wednesday's friendly.
    Shaun Wright-Phillips and Ashley Cole had to endure monkey chants in the ill- tempered clash in Madrid.

A spokeswoman for Tony Blair said the Prime Minister was "very disappointed" by the abuse handed out to the players.

"He believes racism has no part to play in sport or in any other matter," she said on Thursday.

Sports minister Richard Caborn said: "I will write to my Spanish counterpart to express my outrage. I would like the Spanish FA to condemn the scenes.

"I also expect Fifa and Uefa to fully investigate the issue.

"There is no place for racism in football or modern society, and I strongly believe that action needs to be taken at the highest level."
    England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said: "It's very bad to hear when people boo players because of the colour of their skin.

"At Lazio four years ago we had some fans who did the same. When things like this happen, then something must be done."

Piara Powar, spokesman for British football's anti-racist organisation Kick It Out, said: "Uefa needs to threaten the Spanish with closure of stadia, with a ban."

Gordon Taylor, the head of the players union, says England's players should have been told to make a stance by walking off during the game.

"The message should have come down from the FA directors, to say we will take responsibility for this and take them off," the Professional Footballers Association chief executive said.

The Football Association had already complained to Uefa after several England U-21 players were targeted in their game on Tuesday and it will now be highlighting the incidents during the senior game.
    Captain David Beckham, who plays at the Bernabeu for Real Madrid, admitted the chanting had surprised him.

"Playing here and living here, I've never heard anything towards racism at all," said Beckham.

"I was surprised but it's something the FA and world football are trying to cut out and they are working very hard."

The actions of the Spanish fans follow the controversy surrounding Spain coach Luis Aragones.

He allegedly made racist remarks in October about Thierry Henry ahead of Spain's game with France.

Aragones claimed he was trying to motivate Henry's Arsenal team-mate Jose Reyes in training.

He has not made a personal apology to Henry, and refused to comment on Wednesday's incidents.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4018421.stm :)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

I remember when they did that in Lazio with Erikson in charge. Then they bought Liverani, even though he's italian, but he's got a dark skin, and also Dabo i think to make things better.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I remember when they did that in Lazio with Erikson in charge. Then they bought Liverani, even though he's italian, but he's got a dark skin, and also Dabo i think to make things better.
    isnt Dabo french?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)