Racism In Football (3 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

You know any white Nigerians? :D
No, but im just trying to be politically correct :D

Can you believe what i know at just the tender age of 15? im wise beyond my years.

OP
madlawyer1
Feb 26, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    Every sport confronted the issue of black men participating in them long ago and got over it. Baseball, basketball, American football (forgive me if can't bring myself to call it just football) and football all dealt with racism long ago. very long ago. that it is ressurrecting now is most likely due to a lack of vigilance. it is time for the guards to wake up.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Its done by a people in the crowds. I can understand why UEFA fine so little to these clubs, because it is unfair that a club should be fined when it was people who support the club that spoil it. I mean, you cant ask when selling a ticket:

'Cashier: Will you pay for that with cash or credit card?

'Customer: Cash please.

Cashier: Oh yes and we have an anti racist policy. Please, if you are a racist sir dont come in. Are you a racist?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Thanks chxta. When i spoke out against stand up speak up the lesser minds around me automatically said: So you are a racist then?

Really pathetic. And now these 'childline' bands have come out among others and its a new fad.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Racism is for the ignorant, simple and short. And Nike is just taking advantage of the situation to make quick bucks. Simple and short.

Well... that's the world we live in.

OP
    madlawyer1
    Feb 26, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28
    Virtually every sport raised the bar for blacks before allowing them to compete. Black men had to run faster, jump higher, do everything better before the (then) racist establishment allowed them thru the door. But they beat those odds. Even playing with against a loaded deck, they refused to be denied. Inadvertently, all the racists managed to prove was that the black men were better than the whites in every sphere. Can anyone remember the last time there was a white man on the United States of America's athletic team for an Olympics? I sure dont.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Racism is for the ignorant, simple and short. And Nike is just taking advantage of the situation to make quick bucks. Simple and short.

Well... that's the world we live in.
    I think nike are just as low as anyone trying to make money out of such a bad situation, and even worse passing it off as if they are doing a noble deed.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    History won't judge them by lofty standards mein freund. History's accessment is that of who writes the history books.

Which is why till this day Chris Columbus is still a hero.

OP
    madlawyer1
    Feb 26, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    Had Chris Columbus lived today, he would have been branded a homicidal, xeniphobic, racist psychopath. But he's called a hero. For discovering America. Did he also discover the people he met there as well?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    History won't judge them by lofty standards mein freund. History's accessment is that of who writes the history books.

Which is why till this day Chris Columbus is still a hero.
    its pretty sad, but thats the world.. pretty little we can do about it when in this day and age something as taboo as racism is currently being exploited for every cent it is worth. The tabloids must of made a mint selling that aragones story.

OP
    madlawyer1
    Feb 26, 2005
  • Thread Starter #35
    And yeah, Chxta, Nike are only out to make a quick buck. Can someone ask them how many black executives they would have if not for affirmative action?

OP
    madlawyer1
    Feb 26, 2005
  • Thread Starter #37
    History is written by the winners, someone famously said. Can anyone imagine if the Nazis had won world war 2? I wonder what accolades we'd have to use to describe Hitler.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
    History is written by the winners, someone famously said. Can anyone imagine if the Nazis had won world war 2? I wonder what accolades we'd have to use to describe Hitler.
    This has to be one of the best posts that I've seen on this forum in a long time.

OP
    madlawyer1
    Feb 26, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    And oh, I'd no idea that there was a white guy on the U.S track team. They probably didn't either. With a name like Brown, he probably slid in under the radar. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)