R.I.P (3 Viewers)

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Beirut blast kills al-Hariri....

A huge car bomb on Monday killed Lebanon's former prime minister Rafiq al-Hariri, a businessman turned politician who masterminded the country's reconstruction after its 1975-90 civil war.

At least 12 others, including several of al-Hariri's bodyguards, died when his motorcade was blown up as it passed through an upmarket section of Beirut's seafront, four months after he resigned as prime minister.

The explosion outside the St George Hotel gouged a deep crater in the road, ripped facades from luxury buildings, and set cars ablaze on streets strewn with rubble and broken glass.

Massive blast

Vehicles from al-Hariri's convoy were torn apart despite their armour plating. A senior security source said the cause was a car bomb.

"Everything around us collapsed," a Lebanese building worker at the site said. "It was as if an earthquake hit the area."

Lebanese security forces said on Monday they had stormed the Beirut home of a man they identified as a Palestinian and Syrian who appeared in a video claiming responsibility for the killing of a former Lebanese prime minister.

A Lebanese security source said Ahmad Abul Adif was not in the house. He had earlier appeared in a video aired by Aljazeera claiming responsibility for the killing of al-Hariri.

The White House condemned the killing and said Lebanon should be able to pursue its future "free from violence and intimidation and free from Syrian occupation", but added it did not know who killed Hariri and was not accusing Syria.

Syria blamed

The White House added that it would consult with UN Security Council members about taking punitive measures against those responsible for the killing, and to push for an end to the Syrian presence in Lebanon.

Lebanon's anti-Syrian opposition accused the Syrian governments of responsibility for the assassination of Hariri and called for a three-day strike to protest his death.

"We hold the the Syrian government, the power behind it, responsible for the crime," MP

Lebanese voices calling for Damascus to pull out its 14,000 troops have grown louder in recent months, backed by a UN Security Council resolution calling for their withdrawal.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    may he rest in peace..

few remarks on this tragic incident:

- I don't think that the syrian government is behind this.. it's too obvious..

but, giving the fact that he was going to run for PM again in the next elections, (which polls showed that he has more than 80% of the votes) it could point out that Syria might have a role in this, or it could be an INSIDE operation..!! it sounds ridiculous, but it is considered..!!

- this so called "al jehad and blah blah in blad al sham" bullshit group.. have declared on a recorded tape (again aired by Al Jazeera!!) that they are responsible for this operation.. who are these people, who funds them, why didn't we hear about them before..?? it seems to me that it's a smoke screen..!!!!

at the end, my warm condolences to the lebanese guys in this forum.. I'm sorry for your loss..

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    ARABIC: Allah yir7amo wi yi7sin ilaih. allah yijbor ahlo, wi al lobnaniyeen ajma3een.
    English: Let got put murcy on his sole, let god be with his family and all lebanese people.

He was a good man. One of the best arabian polititions ever. He was behind bringing back lebanon to life after the war. It was a very sad day.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I wouldn't go that far and call him one of the best Arabian politicians "ever."

He was a good politician and a better business man.

Allah Yr7amu.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I wouldn't go that far and call him one of the best Arabian politicians "ever."

He was a good politician and a better business man.

Allah Yr7amu.
    You are corrent on this one, I was cought by the moment. But never the less he was one of the best polititions of the recent time.
    And as you said he was a very good business man. A multi millionare.

Mar 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    He was barkuss....He turned Beirut into Heaven, he spend Billions just to make this people happy, he re-constructed Lebanon after the Civil war and the Leb-Syr war back in 1969-1990, so since 1990 up till now he was giving everything to this country to rebuild it....but the most important thing is that he have always wanted Lebanon In Peace and Liberty.....
    Ok,then RIP for fella....

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    funny, I read a couple of posts that says Rafiq Al Hariri is a theif, that steal the country money.. some defended that he use it to help the country.. well.. wrong.

he a millionaire before he was a PM.. he came to lebanon as a rich man seeking to help improve his country after it was destroyed by the civil war two decades ago.. how acome an already rich man steal government money..?! he doesn't need government money.. his richened the government by being the PM.. he is no theif..

the sad thing though, some time ago, is that some TV stations ruined his image by mocking him and make fun of him along with other lebanese politicians.. giving the wrong conception to those who are not aware of it..

he was a great man before being a great business man and a great politician.. R.I.P

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #33
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    funny, I read a couple of posts that says Rafiq Al Hariri is a theif, that steal the country money.. some defended that he use it to help the country.. well.. wrong.

he a millionaire before he was a PM.. he came to lebanon as a rich man seeking to help improve his country after it was destroyed by the civil war two decades ago.. how acome an already rich man steal government money..?! he doesn't need government money.. his richened the government by being the PM.. he is no theif..

the sad thing though, some time ago, is that some TV stations ruined his image by mocking him and make fun of him along with other lebanese politicians.. giving the wrong conception to those who are not aware of it..

he was a great man before being a great business man and a great politician.. R.I.P
    Thanks Gandalf, what you just said is the truth..

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

funny?not I think.. that thing known by the whole Lebanon,i am not making these things from my mind..I don't want to argue about this with you cuz the man is dead,and I don't like to talk bad after deaths specially if he was respected and beloved.. :)

And about the Tv programs, don't mind about that.Hariri was a strong charachter and had the sense of humour,he said once on a program that he laughs and enjoys those who mock him.he had no probs with that :)

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

funny?not I think.. that thing known by the whole Lebanon,i am not making these things from my mind..I don't want to argue about this with you cuz the man is dead,and I don't like to talk bad after deaths specially if he was respected and beloved.. :)

And about the Tv programs, don't mind about that.Hariri was a strong charachter and had the sense of humour,he said once on a program that he laughs and enjoys those who mock him.he had no probs with that :)
    From where you know soo much about him snoop?? well said...

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

From where you know soo much about him snoop?? well said...
    you should watch the reportaj with him from (KHALLIK BIL BEYT), they showed him many times on future these days.you have fututre there don't you?

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

you should watch the reportaj with him from (KHALLIK BIL BEYT), they showed him many times on future these days.you have fututre there don't you?
    Yes Ofcoarse, i asked you 1st from where you know all these, because i didn't know your living in Lebanon. Anyhow Yes i do have Future and Lbc and everything, am always watching, but it's soo sad you know, Specially with the Advertisment on Future:down:.....I had tears all day today...:touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)