Rômulo - MC/RB - Verona (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
too old and too mediocre, hopefully won't give more than 5mil, besides, verona gave 1.7mil for his half.
he is typically a player Marotta's Sampdoria would have bought...
I believe the main reason we are getting him is his Italian ancestry.
Anything more than 5mil and this transfer will affect our transfer campaign negatively...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
too old and too mediocre, hopefully won't give more than 5mil, besides, verona gave 1.7mil for his half.
he is typically a player Marotta's Sampdoria would have bought...
I believe the main reason we are getting him is his Italian ancestry.
Anything more than 5mil and this transfer will affect our transfer campaign negatively...
I agree. He will fit in nicely with Tevez, Llorente, Morata, Coman, Pereyra, Pogba, Vidal, Evra, Asamoah, Isla, Caceres, Rubinho, Lichtsteiner, and especially Sorensen.

Jul 13, 2010
he is better than our bench players, so if we sell isla or padoin, then he is necessary and an improvement. whoscored.com says he had a nice season, his stats were also good. I'm quite positive about him. And all you are haters, as if we would buy already proven world class player in his prime. It never happened and will never happen under marotta

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Apart from Coman and Evra who was the necessary signing we made this window? I really can't think of anyone.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The sad thing is that there is no intention to make any change, there are no signs for that and it seems that there is no ambition either.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
All done for Romulo : 1m loan + 6m obligation of redemption .Documents are going to be exchanged during the day between the clubs , medical tomorrow morning . - SKY

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #335
    Apart from Coman and Evra who was the necessary signing we made this window? I really can't think of anyone.
    I'm really glad we signed Coman but IMO that was surely not a necessary signing. It was a good opportunity used.

Evra on the other hand was.

That being said, I don't like our transfers really. I expected something way better than Morata.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I'm really glad we signed Coman but IMO that was surely not a necessary signing. It was a good opportunity used.

Evra on the other hand was.

That being said, I don't like our transfers really. I expected something way better than Morata.
    I agree that even Coman was not a necessity but as you said it was an opportunity. I find these opportunities really important and that's why I included him in the necessary category. Maybe a forward is necessary but the Morata deal is beyond terrible no matter how one looks at it, nothing about it is right.

And let's not start about Pereyra and Romulo or even go back to how bad was the Iturbe rumour. About Iturbe also even if we dodged that bullet in my opinion, I see that as a failure considering that we lost a target to rival.

The mercato so far gets a 4/10 from me.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #337
    I agree that even Coman was not a necessity but as you said it was an opportunity. I find these opportunities really important and that's why I included him in the necessary category. Maybe a forward is necessary but the Morata deal is beyond terrible no matter how one looks at it, nothing about it is right.

And let's not start about Pereyra and Romulo or even go back to how bad was the Iturbe rumour. About Iturbe also even if we dodged that bullet in my opinion, I see that as a failure considering that we lost a target to rival.

I like Pereyra and Romulo but both of them are bench players for us. I don't mind having them but only if our XI is stronger first -- which it obviously isn't. Not to mention how expensive Pereyra turned out to be. So it was a huge waste of cash this mercato. I can't believe we only signed Evra to improve our starting XI. As for Morata I'm still pretty much speechless.

Iturbe was very expensive but I expect him to turn into a great player. I think he will pay off in the end and become a burden on our shoulder.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

I agree, but Morata was also an opportunity, an expensive one at that. I don't mind Marotta trying to sign players like that, but I'm sick of hearing we don't have any money to spend, clearly we do. Losing Iturbe to a rival is a major loss of points, probably docks 2 points off what could have been. But the issue at this point is none of these signings really improve the quality of the side which is what we need. So 4 out of 10 makes sense right now. Below average, and below me if you think that is a ridiculous rating.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
    It's really strange how I read in some of your posts that you didn't rate Iturbe, especially for 30 mil, but you don't like that we lost him from Roma cause he will be great. There is a big contradiction in there. Either we did well backing off cause he was expensive or we lost the next Robben from within our hands.

he_is_legend

Jun 4, 2012

This, at least we are not selling Vidal, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)