Questions about Footie? Ask Here! (1 Viewer)

riza

Jul 20, 2002
If you have any questions related to football ; Players, Coaches, Teams, Tactics, Stadium, questions about any leagues in the world, even Gossips, ASK HERE!

It's not one way communication, it's two way communications. It's about participation. It means not only me who ask or answer the Q :p, but you can also ask and answer the Q. And hopefully, it will helps us to get more knowledge about footie. Don't be shy, everyones invited :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

riza

Jul 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    My first questions:
    1. It's about Dirk Kuijt, anyone who knows his profile? pls tell me
    2. Who's Man Utd manager before Sir Alex Ferguson?

Thx

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    1. I dunno much about Dirk Kuijt, he used to play in Utrecht and now he's in Feyenoord.
    2. I think Ron Atkinson, no? :rolleyes:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    isn't ron atkinson the Mr. Bean dude..???
    No, Big Ron is the commentator who was fired for referring to Desailly as a "lazy nigger". He is also famous for calling Totti a "little twat" and for taking over at struggling clubs, selling all their best players and getting them religated. He once sat down on Arsenal's bench while managing Notts Forest, apparently confused by his own frequent club-hopping (to be fair, it was his first game in charge of them).

http://www.u-reds.com/NFFC/People/Management/ron.asp

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I have a question:

Which club was the last team to play in the second division of their respective country while playing in either the Champions League or UEFA Cup?

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I have a question. Who was juventus coaches in the last ten years and thier dates of being there? I heard lippi came to us, left then came back??

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    I dont think there were any coaches that last for ten years in a row except for Ferguson, lippi did leave juve somewhere in 1999 i guess? to inter and then came back in 2002?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    I have a question:

Which club was the last team to play in the second division of their respective country while playing in either the Champions League or UEFA Cup?

atletico madrid. got relegated and won the cup in the same year

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

atletico madrid. got relegated and won the cup in the same year
    Did they win the Cup in the same year as they were in the Segunda Liga, or just the same year they got relegated from the Primera?

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    I finally found out from an article in soccer tabloid:
    Yes, Jose Mario Santos Maurinho Felix was born in Setubal (Portugal) on January, 26th, 1963. So, he'a gonna be 42 next year. :)

Btw, Indonesia 0-0 Singapore.
    Not a good play by Indonesian NT, too much defending :frown:

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Did they win the Cup in the same year as they were in the Segunda Liga, or just the same year they got relegated from the Primera?

if my memory doesnt fail me "the comentator was saying (in the final of the cup) that they have already been relegated so all their energy was going to the cup"

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well that does not answer the question Donny. I wanted to know the last team to compete in the UEFA Cup WHILE they were in their second division, not the first, of their respective country. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)