Question (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
No. In football ladders, the team with the better goal difference is on top even if another team has a game in hand.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    No. In football ladders, the team with the better goal difference is on top even if another team has a game in hand.
    Bollocks tha' is! I've never heard of that rule! :stuckup::D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I don't like this rule either Erik (see my Goal Diff. :moan: ) but I guess we should live with it.

PS - Amazing how I climbed up the ladder, early on I was like 16th and now 3rd. I'm so proud of myself :touched:

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    I don't like this rule either Erik (see my Goal Diff. :moan: ) but I guess we should live with it.
    :down:

PS - Amazing how I climbed up the ladder, early on I was like 16th and now 3rd. I'm so proud of myself :touched:
    Yeah yeah yeah :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The point is that there is a certain fixed number of games to be played. If you miss out on a round, there's no way to make it up. So ranking players by matches played is pointless because they will never make up the number of games. :)

A bit cruel, I know ;)

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    You and your confusing babalooba.

Here's the situation as I see it: two players managed to reach an equal amount of points, but one of them managed to reach it in a much LESSER number of games. That means the latter party is stronger and should, hence, be ranked first.

:stuckup::D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The reason it works the way it does is not that I set the rules and made it so, we just used a system written by someone else and all decisions imposed by them are imposed on us. If you want to change that you can lobby the guy to rewrite it or lobby me to rewrite it. It's not that hard, it only takes forever. :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    You and your confusing babalooba.

Here's the situation as I see it: two players managed to reach an equal amount of points, but one of them managed to reach it in a much LESSER number of games. That means the latter party is stronger and should, hence, be ranked first.
    Then again, according to your system...if someone had a killer round in the first week of the game, predicting every single match correctly, wouldn't it be wiser for them to cease their participation in the game, since playing more matches would lower their percentages? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)