quarter final opponents (4 Viewers)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
well,i'm reading many pessimistic statements here but i must say that it won't be an easy game...on the other hand as all of us know the club we support here is Juventus,right? so plz cut the shit that we can't beat them and that we'll face prblems with their this and that....for God's sake !!

FORZA JUVENTUS FC PER SEMPRE

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Meeting Arsenal I think is a good thing. They're playing good, tight knit football. Just like Werder. That means, Juventus and Capello, have a gist of what to expect come the quarters. What I'm worried about is, if Capello will actually figure out that Arsenal's stadium has been built for fast, fluid and attacking football. Which means, he'd need an answer for the likes of Ljungberg, Fabregas and Reyes. So if he doesnt play creative minds like Del Piero and Mutu, then Henry will have pushed the scoreboard way over to turn it back in Turin. This one's tight to call, but I'd like to put my hand up here and say, whoever wins this, will have a mighty good chance of winning the cup.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #169
    had it been barcelona,i would've been happy,had it been milan,i would've been happy,had it been inter,i would've probably danced naked on the streets,but there is something about facing arsenal that gives me the sick feeling that they'll knock us out.on paper,we own them,but on the other hand,i dont think there's any team in europe rite now more determined than arsenal.needless to say,this tie has 'liverpool vs juventus 04/05' written all over it.and yes,we could argue that history doesnt repeat itself everytime,but there is something about arsenal that doesnt make me too confident ahead of the tie.

im usually very optimistic,but this tie took out every inch of optimism from my body when i heard about it.dont get me wrong,i would love to see juventus go past arsenal like any other fan,and we CAN get past them too.but i dunno,i dont think we will.we have the ablilty,we have the players,but i dont think we'll be able to knock arsenal over.and i absoloutley loath myself for saying that.

goodbye champions league.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm not too sure what to make of this draw...make no mistake, Arsenal's pace are exactly what can expose our Achilles heel in both midfield and defence. Obviously it's going to be a huge challenge keeping Henry off the scoresheet, and our record against English teams isn't inspiring either.

That said, if we do manage to get through we're assured of avoiding the duo of Milan and Barca in the semis.

Forza Juve.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    in theory we have a smooth way to the final , facing arsenal then inter is easier than facing barca , lyon or benifica IMO

Haller

Feb 8, 2006
    I wish we had barca/milan/ than arsenal.. but, still arsenal is better than facing the other underdogs.. lyon/benfica..etc.

but, I would put my money on arsenal. bye bye CL !

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    guy´s, we have got the most diffecult team to face.. we have allways problems facing english teams. they are playing very fast, something that is not in capellos vocabulary. I would have even wanted barca ahead of arsenal.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    If Inter can do it so can we!
    I'm pretty confident yet wary when we picked Arsenal, becos of their pace, but since Inter can defeat them, I think Juventus has the stuff to do it. The game at Highbury is crucial, I hope that Capello really plans his game properly or else it will be over once we lose it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)