quarter final opponents (16 Viewers)

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Somehow I feel It's gonna be Lyon.
Than it will be a difficult match!
But good is that juninho is banned for one game cause he has 3yellows! maybe that coud be the important fact in the first leg match!!

I hope your feelings are not right Rab!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Indeed, Lyon are such a dangerous team. But If we play with a good mentality and we're focusin to win the game, then I'm sure my boys can do it.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Jeeks said:
Probably on paper, but have you seen these kids play, they are fast, motivated and willing to give more than they can handle. Compare that Emerson and Vieira, slow, getting a fat paycheck at the end of the month wether they do their job correctly or not and above all playing without even caring if they lose at home against Pistoese (with no disrespect to Pistoese fans).

Denco mentioned it many times that Emerson and Vieira are not compatible with each other, on paper they are the best central midfielders probably but together they don't combine. It is as simple as this, this combination is wrong. On the other hand Silva and Fabregas are playing well together and thus are producing much more than Emerson and Vieria are.
I don't care how badly Emerson and Vieira are doing, Arsenal's midfield has been regularly overrun by mediocre teams in the EPL this season. Witness that they're currently a distant fifth in a four horse race. They're really, really not that good. Meanwhile, Juve, with the 'misfiring' Zlatan, 'slow and overrated' defense and 'not compatable' midfielders are running away with Serie A. Arsene Wenger would give what remains of his eyesight to have Juve's problems.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
mikhail said:
I don't care how badly Emerson and Vieira are doing, Arsenal's midfield has been regularly overrun by mediocre teams in the EPL this season. Witness that they're currently a distant fifth in a four horse race. They're really, really not that good. Meanwhile, Juve, with the 'misfiring' Zlatan, 'slow and overrated' defense and 'not compatable' midfielders are running away with Serie A. Arsene Wenger would give what remains of his eyesight to have Juve's problems.
Arsenal are playing the best football in Europe and that's what matters. They are playing tactics on a high level and their midfielders are combining great.

I don't know about the EPL but last year the fifth in that league won the CL.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
mikhail said:
I don't care how badly Emerson and Vieira are doing, Arsenal's midfield has been regularly overrun by mediocre teams in the EPL this season. Witness that they're currently a distant fifth in a four horse race. They're really, really not that good..

They may not be that good as your saying, but the thing is that they're much more Inform than our players. Shuttin down hungry mad players like Zidane,Beckham and others isn't easy....

But still Vieira and Emerson are way better when the find themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)