QF 3 | Sweden - Holland (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

There is corruption, but most of it is in Italy, not in Scandinavia ;)
True, but what I want to say is that it is misplaced to think it's not even an option that a game was fixed.

And yes, Sweden did advance, but they shouldn't be any form of problem for Holland. Ljungberg, Larsson and Ibrahimovic, that's about it. I had expected more from Wilhelmsson especially, but he has failed to leave his mark. Seeing him in the Belgian league every day I think he can be better than Zlatan.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #22
    Really? Wow. I would agree or disagree except its difficult to follow the Belgian league in Holland.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++

True, but what I want to say is that it is misplaced to think it's not even an option that a game was fixed.

And yes, Sweden did advance, but they shouldn't be any form of problem for Holland. Ljungberg, Larsson and Ibrahimovic, that's about it. I had expected more from Wilhelmsson especially, but he has failed to leave his mark. Seeing him in the Belgian league every day I think he can be better than Zlatan.
    It did corss my mind before the match that it could be fixed, of course there is always the possibility, but after seeing the match I'm 99% sure it was legit.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

And Advocaat used to coach the Rangers. I know, I know but if you write down all of them it just gets too complicated :D

EDIT: oh hell, I added them anyway! :D
    You know your right...the number of connections between these teams is incredible...just amazing:cool:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

It did corss my mind before the match that it could be fixed, of course there is always the possibility, but after seeing the match I'm 99% sure it was legit.
    Alright, I'll leave it here then. I just wanted to hear you there is still 1% chance it was fixed. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    This is a match with many parallel connections. There’s Henrik Larsson who plays his football at Celtic and he’ll find Glasgow Rangers’ Frank de Boer on his path and the both also know each other from their time in Holland.
    its Ronald De Boer that plays in Rangers not Frank right?:confused:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    although i'd really rather the dutch in this one,i have a strong feeling Sweden's going to run away with this one.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

damn those nordics. where did they get all this power and influence ? :p
    It's the vikings I tells ya, their spirits are still with us, terrorising the modern world through FIFA and UEFA :D

<-----------

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Since I went with Holland to win it all before the tournament started, I gotta stick with my original pick.

Holland 2-1.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #40
    You know, I've never been more relaxed about a quarter final than this time. I won't be hugely disappointed if we were to be eliminated; Sweden are a great team and I'm just glad we made it past the group stage (and Germany :D) in the first place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)