QF 1 | Portugal - England (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Saphire_diablo ] ++
Portugal will win.
I suspect England will respect the host and let them win it...
Maybe we can see some penalties here.

wo budy. ever considerd this a career :thumb:

today not only portugal won but the game won too

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Don Bes, did you see Helder Postiga's penalty?

Thats called a Panenka, after the Czech player Antonin Panenka who first shot a penalty like that in the EURO 1976 final against Germany.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #205
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Thats called a Panenka, after the Czech player Antonin Panenka who first shot a penalty like that in the EURO 1976 final against Germany.
    Panenka did it better though - with more pace and direction to it. Had James lifted his foot for Postiga's penalty, he would have kicked it out. Panenka never gave any keeper any chance! :cool:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

That penalty was very funny. If he had not scored, he would have been the idiot of the nation, now he is the hero! Funny.

Question: Why did Ricardo save the one penalty without his gloves?

Sep 14, 2003
    Another, all using the same pic:

BTW, some English book makers are paying out to anyone who placed a bet on Sol Campbell scoring the winning goal.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Great game. I switched off the TV and stormed upstairs after. I was very pissed, cos i am half english myself. It was so obvious becks was going to miss his penalty. 1st up, and fresh after fluffing 2 penaltys for england. England deserved to win overall....this penalty shootout realled showed how crap james is. :LOL:

Anyway, my coincience is clear.both my nationalitys are out, and the country i live in. CZECH REPUBLIC TIME!

Sep 28, 2002

not only england lose but i manage cut my hand to a broken bottle and then the fag who i met after a game when we were drinking beer stole my ****ing phone. gotta be happy that i wasnt stabbed (seriously) or anything. i ****ing hate football!!!

Jul 28, 2002
    robbed maybe.....the ref was dodyly home team biased, but still no excuse for a whoefull performance.

Mr Beckham.....the worst game i have ever seen him play, and for a captain....shite, did nothing an was lethrgic and a a english man i expect more from the captain and so called "best player".

The team as a whole were shite, but beckham was awfull.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)