Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (3 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Go on and eat. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with that.
Africa absolutely needs a common currency. A common currency, would heal the relations amongst African countries, and would promote economical growth in Africa FOR Africa. And that my friend is that small change, that will shake the world IMO.
It would probably still create inequalities within the continent though. Look at the Euro and how it harms the south while benefiting the north.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with that.
Africa absolutely needs a common currency. A common currency, would heal the relations amongst African countries, and would promote economical growth in Africa FOR Africa. And that my friend is that small change, that will shake the world IMO.
:lol:

Yeah, that will solve everything.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
It would probably still create inequalities within the continent though. Look at the Euro and how it harms the south while benefiting the north.
:lol:

Yeah, that will solve everything.
Of course it won't solve everything, but it would help in many aspects. Heck, for example trading agreements like in North America or in Europe, where they can avoid certain taxes/border fees, etc.

For fuck sakes, somebody from Congo cannot go to Democratic Republic of Congo, these divides need too be eliminated. The tension between Kenya/Somalia/Ethiopia would be a lot less tense, if they had greatly similar economical goals and had laws that encouraged trade amongst them, I'm pretty sure there would be less Al-Shabab crazies and whatever other terrorist organizations that seem to flourish there, because it would hinder the economical growth of these countries, so they'd take greater measures to deal with it.

Heck anything, to make things easier, these things don't get fixed overnight but simply laughing it off and throwing it aside because it doesn't concern you doesn't mean it's a bad idea, in fact it's something that is being talked about a lot throughout the african diaspora for a long time, and change is bound to happen eventually. So these are simply discussion points, as long as they sit down and discuss it that's all ready a great deal of work, and these things have to be done amongst themselves, for themselves.

But off course, Bjerknes, your only concern is about them looters and whatever racial tensions in your country, personally I don't care it's an american problem.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Of course it won't solve everything, but it would help in many aspects. Heck, for example trading agreements like in North America or in Europe, where they can avoid certain taxes/border fees, etc.

For fuck sakes, somebody from Congo cannot go to Democratic Republic of Congo, these divides need too be eliminated. The tension between Kenya/Somalia/Ethiopia would be a lot less tense, if they had greatly similar economical goals and had laws that encouraged trade amongst them, I'm pretty sure there would be less Al-Shabab crazies and whatever other terrorist organizations that seem to flourish there, because it would hinder the economical growth of these countries, so they'd take greater measures to deal with it.

Heck anything, to make things easier, these things don't get fixed overnight but simply laughing it off and throwing it aside because it doesn't concern you doesn't mean it's a bad idea, in fact it's something that is being talked about a lot throughout the african diaspora for a long time, and change is bound to happen eventually. So these are simply discussion points, as long as they sit down and discuss it that's all ready a great deal of work, and these things have to be done amongst themselves, for themselves.

But off course, Bjerknes, your only concern is about them looters and whatever racial tensions in your country, personally I don't care it's an american problem.
lol

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Qatar is likely be stripped of its chance to host the 2022 World Cup, according to a FIFA whistleblower who was a former senior figure in the country’s bid team.
Phaedra Almajid, who turned whistleblower to expose the corruption, has said the abundance of evidence of the wrongdoing in Qatar’s bid would force the world football governing body FIFA to relieve the Gulf country of the responsibility of staging the tournament in 2022
http://www.thehindu.com/sport/footb...rld-cup-fifa-whistleblower/article7291607.ece

Looks like this is gaining momentum.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Seeing how our world is corrupt and at points disgustingly in favor of money I think this might just go through. I mean there will be some documentaries how contravercial it has been and blah blah, but I'm starting to think that they won't revoke it no matter what.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Seeing how our world is corrupt and at points disgustingly in favor of money I think this might just go through. I mean there will be some documentaries how contravercial it has been and blah blah, but I'm starting to think that they won't revoke it no matter what.
Something needs to happen soon, or it'll be exactly as you say and that'd be a damn shame.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Xavi saying Qatar has conditions to host World Cup.
http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup...ndez-qatar-has-conditions-for-great-world-cup

I guess a shity club like Barca deserves a shity legend like this guy
Given that he had Qatari deck-sucking emblazoned on his Barca jersey, why am I not surprised?

Let's also remember that some 4 thousand people who have died already will essentially have died for naught.

Not a reason to keep it there, but if any appreciable progress has been made, that kind of investment would be a serious lost cost.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let's also remember that some 4 thousand people who have died already will essentially have died for naught.

Not a reason to keep it there, but if any appreciable progress has been made, that kind of investment would be a serious lost cost.
That makes no sense at all. I know it looks like it does on the surface, but it really doesn't. What you're saying is 4,000 have died already, so it's better to let a lot more die, because otherwise the first 4,000 will have died for nothing.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That makes no sense at all. I know it looks like it does on the surface, but it really doesn't. What you're saying is 4,000 have died already, so it's better to let a lot more die, because otherwise the first 4,000 will have died for nothing.
I wasn't fixated just on the body count, which is a lost cause in any case, but the financial and construction investments to date.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Like it matters. The money I mean. If they can build and afford with this money stuff that won't ever be used ever ever again (stadiums) then the money is worthless and not really a factor, too much of it really. It's like they are burning money... Oh wait, that is actually what they are doing, too much moneyz isn't good too, need to burn it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)