Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (43 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I think you don't get why it's sad that qatar won the bid. It's not because they are desert people or muslims, it's because how they got it. I know "western civilization" has a lot of corruption and people living there are no saints, but for how this circus was blatantly bought it is just a bit too much for some people.

So don't throw "those muzlimz" around like it's agenda against them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think you don't get why it's sad that qatar won the bid. It's not because they are desert people or muslims, it's because how they got it. I know "western civilization" has a lot of corruption and people living there are no saints, but for how this circus was blatantly bought it is just a bit too much for some people.

Lol my post was directly in response to kyles about beheading in Qatar. I never said you guys were against the wc in Qatar because of muslims. Also it was made in jest as I'm sure kyles was too.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I like that: "muzlimz" ;)

But the truth is there are some who feel the WC should never be hosted in the Middle East, period, even has they shovel money indirectly into the Qatari Foundation as Barca fanboys. This clouds things a little bit.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I like that: "muzlimz" ;)

But the truth is there are some who feel the WC should never be hosted in the Middle East, period, even has they shovel money indirectly into the Qatari Foundation as Barca fanboys. This clouds things a little bit.
Well I don't think it should be hosted in qatar for geographical reasons too, but has nothing to do with muslims or arabs.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
Only reason Qatar / Fifa are getting so much hate isn't because of the corruption, isn't not even because of construction safety, its because USA lost the bid when they had Clinton / Freeman as reps. Say whatever you want, but I believe if USA won, FIFA wouldn't have so much political issues.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Only reason Qatar / Fifa are getting so much hate isn't because of the corruption, isn't not even because of construction safety, its because USA lost the bid when they had Clinton / Freeman as reps. Say whatever you want, but I believe if USA won, FIFA wouldn't have so much political issues.
That's delusional. There are tons of haters in Europe who think the WC has no business being in a football wasteland like the U.S. and yet are as incensed as anyone that Qatar won the bid.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Then my argument is that you're no longer a World Cup. You're a "World-Except-the-Middle-East Cup".
Would you held a hockey world cup in kongo jugnle? If not it's not really a world cup then. "World-Except-the-Middle-East Cup" is not really accurate, because as far as I know they can participate in the cup, just that their home fields are not really suitable to host it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Would you held a hockey world cup in kongo jugnle? If not it's not really a world cup then. "World-Except-the-Middle-East Cup" is not really accurate, because as far as I know they can participate in the cup, just that their home fields are not really suitable to host it.
Yes, I would hold a hockey world cup there. Why? Because ridiculous teams like the Arizona Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings exist as legitimate NHL franchises.

If your nation can find a way to play the sport to begin with, the only reason to say it is "unsuitable" for others is really just a cultural judgement or excuse by countries elsewhere.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yes, I would hold a hockey world cup there. Why? Because ridiculous teams like the Arizona Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings exist as legitimate NHL franchises.

If your nation can find a way to play the sport to begin with, the only reason to say it is "unsuitable" for others is really just a cultural judgement or excuse by countries elsewhere.
But is it really viable and sustainable and eco friendly and any other a bit sensible thing to build hockey arenas in the middle of congo jubgle just of this one event?

I mean yeah ok, it's a WC, but using common sense is it really a good and smart thing to do? Isn't there a better suitable places to do this?

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
That's delusional. There are tons of haters in Europe who think the WC has no business being in a football wasteland like the U.S. and yet are as incensed as anyone that Qatar won the bid.
I know, but I actually believe it. I guess we will find out in 20 years. I think it was reported that only Belgium had a clean bid, everyone else bribed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)