Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I knew you were a hypocrite.
Show me the hypocrisy. I have never said all American/European companies were clean. In fact I immediately said the opposite. And I never denied that I do wear some of their stuff, in fact I'm saying I do right now.

All this is the direct opposite of being a hypocrite.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
so we all agree, we are fine with slavery as long as it's hidden and and with a low fatality rate?
The plight of the children making those shoes in Vietnam or those dresses that look expensive but are sooo cheap in Bangladesh is hardly hidden. As long as I get my "excellent running shoes" made by those tiny hands I'm okay. How else am I supposed to run the half marathon in support of eliminating child labor?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
so we all agree, we are fine with slavery as long as it's hidden and and with a low fatality rate?
I've always wondered why my morning cup of coffee is expected to bear the world's burdens of child labor laws, environmentalism, and social justice with its Fair Trade, Direct Trade, Rainforest Alliance, Organic, etc., requirements ... and meanwhile I'm encouraged to buy clothing made in Bangladeshi sweat shops for major retailers with guilt-free impunity.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
icemaη;4961888 said:
The plight of the children making those shoes in Vietnam or those dresses that look expensive but are sooo cheap in Bangladesh is hardly hidden. As long as I get my "excellent running shoes" made by those tiny hands I'm okay. How else am I supposed to run the half marathon in support of eliminating child labor?
Most people rarely think about either of those plights, so I would argue that yes it is hidden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)