Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (4 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Italy will no doubt boycott it especially after what happened in 2002 and 2006.

Any ways did anyone hear blatter's speech just now?

after what has happened this week with the corruption scandal going on, blatter didn't mention one word of it, instead he talked about promoting beach football and giving oceana more powers and to top it off joked how people over 50 are old ffs is this clown for real?

Those who voted for blatter are just as guilty, corrupted and bent as anyone else if you ask me

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
By the way, is there any new evidence regarding South Korea results in 2002? or CdS is just printed the old stuff?
Yes, Italy has now won all the World Cups. It isn't news yet, but will be soon. Congratulations.

- - - Updated - - -

Qatar's bid was centered around technology and manipulation of temperature. One of their proposals consisted of big A/C blimps flying around the country and air conditioning the stadiums. Both of which were questioned by everyone but Qatar and FIFA. As it turns out, neither is possible and we're having the world cup in December.

So theoretically, Jamaica could win a bid for the world cup by promising to add 300% more island mass by the start of the games.
The best theory I heard involved nuking the middle east and waiting for nuclear winter to decrease surface temps.

- - - Updated - - -

If you cancel the world cup now then all these slaves died for nothing. Qatar should host the world cup for the slaves' suffering to have a purpose.
:lol:

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I am .. I would surely love going to the event which is 45 mins from where I live.. would be an experience for sure. but if its not meant to be then its not meant to be.. my point is that the british media in specific are restless about the WC in Qatar..

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
They don't give a fuck about the people dying, they themselves are vampires too, only reason they bashing the arabs is cause they're not getting their way and now they'll take moral high grounds.

Regardless Qatar cannot and will not happen, but most have to question what is it they truly value, the loss of human life or hosting the biggest tournament of the world

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They don't give a fuck about the people dying, they themselves are vampires too, only reason they bashing the arabs is cause they're not getting their way and now they'll take moral high grounds.

Regardless Qatar cannot and will not happen, but most have to question what is it they truly value, the loss of human life or hosting the biggest tournament of the world
Well obviously a lot of FIFA officials didn't care, because they accepted the bribes and assigned the World Cup to Qatar. Clearly the rest of the world does care. Because even if people like Fred like to defend themselves by saying the US is bad too, the general public simply does not accept human rights violations. If they happen on such a massive scale as in Qatar and it becomes clear the World Cup was assigned to them through bribery, you can bet people are going to be offended.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Well obviously a lot of FIFA officials didn't care, because they accepted the bribes and assigned the World Cup to Qatar. Clearly the rest of the world does care. Because even if people like Fred like to defend themselves by saying the US is bad too, the general public simply does not accept human rights violations. If they happen on such a massive scale as in Qatar and it becomes clear the World Cup was assigned to them through bribery, you can bet people are going to be offended.
I like to believe people are inherently good. However due to how our society is, they'll forget about it very fast and the struggle will continue. And these issues are only raised when there is a conflict of interest unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck all the issues that south Africa and Brazil had evaporated after the world cup was over ffs :lol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Well not to sound defensive of anyone but FIFA officials didn'tknow before hand that Qatar will treat human beings like slaves to build their fancy stadiums. They knew however that the country has a fucked up climate in the summer which is not appropriate to host such an event and it would mess up two regular seasons just for some nouveau riche kid fulfills a dream of hosting the World Cup.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I think not. The human rights thing is just going above and beyond specially in the Qatar case. If you look at the latest report this is the only card being played right now..
Surely I agree with you about the climate, screwing the football season as a result of moving the dates and the rich part.. but the media (british to be precise) isn't bothered with this ..

there were many issues in Brazil but it wasn't as noisy though..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well not to sound defensive of anyone but FIFA officials didn'tknow before hand that Qatar will treat human beings like slaves to build their fancy stadiums. They knew however that the country has a fucked up climate in the summer which is not appropriate to host such an event and it would mess up two regular seasons just for some nouveau riche kid fulfills a dream of hosting the World Cup.
I don't believe that at all. Slave labor has been a problem in Qatar for many years. I remember seeing documentaries about this kind of stuff way before there was even talk of hosting the World Cup there. The least a FIFA official should have done is look into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)