Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
From what I understand, most of the bribing was for publicity/advertisements/Fifa sponsors etc.
It also mentions world cup bids, though it doesn't stress on that point as much as what you mentioned. Obviously the vultures here are not interested in any of that, as much as they are interested in the idea of Qatar losing the hosting rights. Feckin Europeans that they are :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Arrested FIFA officials named
By Football Italia staff

The US Department of Justice has named the nine FIFA officials who were arrested in raids at a Zurich hotel this morning.

The arrests were made only two days before world football’s governing body holds its presidential elections, but current President Sepp Blatter has not been charged.

The US Department of Justice statement names nine FIFA officials and five corporate executives as indicted for 'racketeering conspiracy and corruption’.

The most high-profile arrest is Jeffrey Webb, the current FIFA Vice-President and CONCACAF President who has been touted by Blatter as his possible successor.

Former Vice-President Jack Warner is also on the list, along with executive committee members Eduardo Li and Eugenio Figueredo.

Costas Takkas, attaché to the CONCACAF President, FIFA development officer Julio Rocham and Venezuelan FA President Rafael Esquivel have also been arrested.

Jose Maria Marin, member of the FIFA organising committee, and former Conmebol President Nicolas Leoz hae also been held.

Four sports marketing executives have also been named on the statement.

They are Alejandro Burzaco of Argentine business Torneos y Competencias SA, Aaron Davidson of Traffic Sports USA and Hugo and Mariano Jinkis of Full Play Group SA.

---

FBI :touched:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It also mentions world cup bids, though it doesn't stress on that point as much as what you mentioned. Obviously the vultures here are not interested in any of that, as much as they are interested in the idea of Qatar losing the hosting rights. Feckin Europeans that they are :D
But lets be honest, Qatar hosting the WC wasn't justified and left question marks obviously but that's not the issue IMO, the issue is that the news came as a shock to many.

I am pretty sure over the last 20-30 years too many world cup bids were placed too. It's almost impossible for multi-billion organization not to leave few gaps and individuals accepting bribes.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
At least back in the old days they didn't spit everyone in the face and shouted fuck you to everybody like qatar did.

Leaked video of Qatar talking with FIFA

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
At least back in the old days they didn't spit everyone in the face and shouted fuck you to everybody like qatar did.
Or like you perceived them to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Really man? :D

I'm pretty content, Qatar is hosting the WC, not sure if I'll be around this region at that time, but I certainly am planning to be there wherever I am :p

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's done work all over the world, including helping in the olympic bids in two German cities, why are you interested only in the work he's done for Qatar?
Because usually he hasn't done work in countries that are accused of slave labour. If you are accused of such a thing it isn't particularly prudent to hire a contractor whose father, who bore the same name FFS, was known for constructing megalomaniac projects with slaves. It is exactly this type of lack of any common decency whatsoever that annoys me when it comes to Qatar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)