Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (10 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Couldn't they just use them to round up all the foreigners and political undesirables and set them on fire, like they do in Iran?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think you can (merely) put the blame on these rich bastards. Clubs like PSG and City are happy to accept money from them while losing a part of their identity. It goes both ways. I'd rather question Platini or FIFA than them Arabs.

Same goes for F1 and Bernie.

I think you can have the same argument with hosting a World Cup in Brazil with Public Money.
I was talking about the pinnacle of motersport, wich was not formula 1, but Group C prototypes.

Mister eccelstone deemed it neccecary to kill of the sport, abusing his FIA position, cause group c was offcourse more popular then F1.
First he killed of group c and the later lmp1.

Then he slowly started killing formula 1 as a pinnacle

Then, he removed classic fantastic circuits, or put them on rotation, and instead gifted yearly races to the big far oilfuckers and their very boring circuits, where the most exciting thing is to predict with engine is gonna fail next.

Take a Sauber C9. You know, that insane motherfucker
- same engine, wich is 24 years old.
- same shape
- same ground effects, hence take away any limiting factor

add
- new tires (not much work)
- modern brakes and suspension (not much work eighter)
- modern gearbox (bit expensive)
- active aerodynamics to the rear wing. keep the shape, just make it adjust itselves. (not THAT expensive tbh, and its safer to)
- launch control

Boom, you got a slightly modified car from 1989 that shits all over "modern day racecars".

- - - Updated - - -

so should we always just have it in Europe and countries that suit the Europeans?

come on, surely even you guys despite being european see how that can be unfair to the rest.

No, we should allways have it in country's that are able to host it during the summer, wich is what we allways have.

a truely gigantic load of country's, are capable of this.

But quatar getting its way cause "we got money", and then make dramatic changes to football entirely, is just stupid.

Its pretty much everyone bending over cause the oilmoney demands it, and its disgusting.

If qatar hosted it during the summer, and it wouldnt be such a temperature issue, i wouldnt mind at all, but this isnt the case

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Racing isn't just about speed anymore. These cars are still just as fast or faster than the older generations with way less power/smaller engines. It's all about improving technology.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Racing isn't just about speed anymore. These cars are still just as fast or faster than the older generations with way less power/smaller engines. It's all about improving technology.
The fastest car to go in a straight line, were 80ties group c.
The best downforce on a car, were late 80ties group c cars using ground effect.
The fastest car to go around a track, were 2004 F1's cause they still had a decent engine, but excellent wing based aerodynamics and launchcontroll

Current f1's, are boring cars, that are considerably slower then in 2004. Its not about building the greatest possible car anymore.

tires, suspension, downforce, has massively surpassed the power the cars possess, the diffrence between drivers got much smaller as a consequence, cause the cars are MUCH easyer to drive.

Just watch ayrton senna's qualifying lap in monaco back in the day, and hamilton today.

Its an entirely diffrent sport, the skill required to become world champion is MUCH lower today.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
so should we always just have it in Europe and countries that suit the Europeans?

come on, surely even you guys despite being european see how that can be unfair to the rest.

I've no problem with Qatar hosting it, if it was actually suitable to play football in June-July, the months where the World Cup is held.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I guess you guys couldn't care less about all the human rights violations and third world laws of Qatar. Way to give the rest of us "sane football fans" a bad name.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I guess you guys couldn't care less about all the human rights violations and third world laws of Qatar. Way to give the rest of us "sane football fans" a bad name.
No point in going too deep into it politically, I just want to see a good football tournament. Preferably not just after Christmas.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I've no problem with Qatar hosting it, if it was actually suitable to play football in June-July, the months where the World Cup is held.
the stadiums are incorporating air conditioning.

do you know what an air conditioner is?

please tell us more

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
jealous, canada?
how dat nsa spying, patriot act working for you?

Herr Sepp Blatter says you need to air condition the whole country as well, for some reason.
yeah what an odd comment. did germany and sout afrcia habe air conditioning outside?

air conditioning is available in hotels, houses, cars, buses..etc. it's not like people are asked to sleep outside. if people cant handle the heat then they shouldn't be traveling in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)