Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
so Blatter says the 2022 WC cannot be held in the summer, he says you can air condition a stadium, but you can't air condition a whole country. IMO its the right thing to do, changing european football's schedule for one year surely won't be a disaster.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
so Blatter says the 2022 WC cannot be held in the summer, he says you can air condition a stadium, but you can't air condition a whole country. IMO its the right thing to do, changing european football's schedule for one year surely won't be a disaster.
Why should we change for a bunch of dictators? Fuck Qatar and Fuck Blatter.

EUROPE NUMBER ONE!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

the right thing to do? changing all the dynamics of world football for a whole year so that a village of 300 people can have the WC at their backyard?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
so should we always just have it in Europe and countries that suit the Europeans?

come on, surely even you guys despite being european see how that can be unfair to the rest.

Dec 31, 2008
:weee:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
the right thing to do? changing all the dynamics of world football for a whole year so that a village of 300 people can have the WC at their backyard?

Ya, I don't see why not.

So we tell them, you don't get to host the WC, not because you don't earn it, but tough luck, your weather is shit in the summer. Come on man.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Isn't winter in Qatar still like 40C instead of its 47C summers?

I hear the surface of the sun is still available for World Cup play.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Ya, I don't see why not.

So we tell them, you don't get to host the WC, not because you don't earn it, but tough luck, your weather is shit in the summer. Come on man.
FIFA did once recently tell La Paz and Quito to feck off because they were too high.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
so should we always just have it in Europe and countries that suit the Europeans?

come on, surely even you guys despite being european see how that can be unfair to the rest.

Fuck fair, and Fuck the Middle East.

We are Europe we want it our way, and we still run football.

Fix Lebanon and we can have it there, otherwise fix Libya and we'll have it there, World Cup final in Sirte, but Fuck inconveniencing ourselves so corrupt rich bastards can watch football in their shitty little fiefdom.

On that note, Fuck Russia as well.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Amazing how the big fat money from the oilgiants is doing good work to destoy yet another sport

First it killed the pinnackle of motersport back in the late80ties/early90ties
Then it moved to clubfootball, and now offcourse national football.

Yeah, lets change an entire continent of millions of people, so 300 big fat rich bastards can have a cup in their backyard. Lets see how many fans will show up

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Holy fuck that's a lot of food to the people and waste of stadiums after the event is over.. I believe you can see my opinion on this decision :janna:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Amazing how the big fat money from the oilgiants is doing good work to destoy yet another sport

First it killed the pinnackle of motersport back in the late80ties/early90ties
Then it moved to clubfootball, and now offcourse national football.

Yeah, lets change an entire continent of millions of people, so 300 big fat rich bastards can have a cup in their backyard. Lets see how many fans will show up
I don't think you can (merely) put the blame on these rich bastards. Clubs like PSG and City are happy to accept money from them while losing a part of their identity. It goes both ways. I'd rather question Platini or FIFA than them Arabs.

Same goes for F1 and Bernie.

Holy $#@! that's a lot of food to the people and waste of stadiums after the event is over.. I believe you can see my opinion on this decision :janna:
I think you can have the same argument with hosting a World Cup in Brazil with Public Money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)