Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (2 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Wasn't the awarding of the tournament being investigated lately because of pretty obvious allegations of bribery?

Anyway, that world cup will be a joke.
Yeah, I'm sure those allegations will hold about as much water as the deserts of Qatar.

And yeah, I hope clubs don't release their players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We'll just move the club calendar to the summer to suit them :yao:

I imagine that would be quite brilliant, especially in Spain, Greece, Italy and Turkey.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why the fucking bloody fuck are we moving a goddamn moderfucking TRADITION thats nearly a century old, to the DESERT and then go like OH NOES TO HOT and want to move it to the GODDAMN WINTER.

NO, the acon wasent allready fucking us in the ass.

oh, i remember, money

FUCK YOU FIFA, SEROUSLY

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You would have thought someone would have done the research and found out Qatar is pretty hot in the summer.
Yeah, but on top of being bribed, they promised us "air-conditioned" stadiums. We have the money, they said. It will be fun, they said.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
fifa must be thinking if it works with the AFCON it will work with the world cup :howler:

i never understood how the idea of 'air conditioned' stadiums would work, was it going to be contained within the stadium so all matches are played indoors? or did they seriously think playing in open top humid conditions would be resolved by air con?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why don't they just build indoor stadiums? The world cup will be filled, Arabs will show up but building an indoor stadium could solve a lot of their problems. Here in Stockholm we just built an arena and I went to the Sweden Argentina game and watched the game wearing my t-shirt while it was -10 outside. Surely they should have no problems building an arena that could keep the heat away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)