Qatar's bid for hosting WC 2022 (45 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Lol. What? At least try to show some dignity for human rights.
Its irrelevant to hosting world cups. Russia isn't exactly the most humanitarian nation in the world and is actively interfering in the Ukraine but that doesn't mean it should not host the world cup.

The US and the UK have been partners in wars all over the place for a long time but football is again irrelevant. There is also evidence of violation of their own peoples' privacy, drone attacks on innocents and torturing of prisoners for both countries. Brazil was unstable and had massive police violence before and during the worldcup.

If you apply this human rights rule you wont find a place to host a world cup.

By the way Qatar is home to almost every single big british and american corporation just like Dubai (who has the same conditions for their labor) is. Qatar also owns a good chunk of london. Qatar also has US military bases in it. The military, economic and political relationships between the west and qatar are very strong and I havent heard noises of boycotts or bans except for when it comes to the worldcup.

Its not the second coming of christ, its just an entertainment event that all kinds of countries hosted before. Its ok to have all kinds of relationships with Qatar but its not okay to host some events there. Thats a double standard.

Another double standard is to ignore atrocities of other countries when it comes to world cup hosting but to pick on Qatar for its poor treatment of labors. I am sure if you measure the kind of humanitarian damage the US and UK cause to the world it would be a lot worse than the few laborers that work in Qatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Hundreds of people dying and living in squalor in a country which $#@!s money is hardly irrelevant. But of course from the sporting perspective there was no reason to give it to Qatar.
I accept the argument that says the weather is shit over there. This is relevant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Don't bother responding to him, he intentionally misses the point. And when you explain it to him, he suddenly disappears. What a loser.
Q: Why do you generalize and hate all Germans?
A:
Are you at all familiar with the European Union?
Totally gave it to me, now I'm all speechless after your eloquent and coherent elaboration. Absolutely blown away by your strong argument and ran away :lol: :lol: Ignore list btw I don't want scum like you on a juventus forum.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Because we don't like the way they treat their workers? Thats retarded.

A world cup should be given to the nation that could host the cup best and not to the most moral nation in the world. You will always find something that you don't like about every candidate country if morality is going to be your judgment criteria.

Qatar shouldn't host the world cup because of the weather and the alleged bribery. Their labor laws are irrelevant to being able to host the cup unless they are having riots and strikes all over the place the way it was in Brazil.
:sergoi:
It was a scandal in Brazil too. FIFA are disgusting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Hundreds of people dying and living in squalor in a country which shits money is hardly irrelevant. But of course from the sporting perspective there was no reason to give it to Qatar.
Don't exaggerate, hundreds of people dying?

What is the sporting perspective? that it doesn't fit Europe's calendar?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Shut up, Fred, and I'm serious here. You keep going with this retarded argument all the time. Get your head out of your ass.

I really don't understand this part. It's you and your like that are whining like little bitches about something that is now a reality you have to face. The 2022 WC is going to be hosted by Qatar, and it will be during a time when the weather is suitable. So it is now time for you to get your head out of your arse and accept reality for what it is.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I really don't understand this part. It's you and your like that are whining like little bitches about something that is now a reality you have to face. The 2022 WC is going to be hosted by Qatar, and it will be during a time when the weather is suitable. So it is now time for you to get your head out of your arse and accept reality for what it is.
But that's not really what we're discussing.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But that's not really what we're discussing.
You said my head was up my ass, I posited that really if anyones head is up his ass, it would definitely be you. I do not believe the WC should always be hosted by nations who could cater to the European football schedule, sure most of the time that will be the case and that would definitely be convenient, but my argument has always been that you cannot exclude a country from hosting the WC because their climate in the summer does not suit the European football schedule, how is my head up my ass? FIFA agrees, and last I checked whether you like them or not(and I certainly don't mind you) they make those decisions.

So again, please take your own advice and get your head out of your ass.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its irrelevant to hosting world cups. Russia isn't exactly the most humanitarian nation in the world and is actively interfering in the Ukraine but that doesn't mean it should not host the world cup.

The US and the UK have been partners in wars all over the place for a long time but football is again irrelevant. There is also evidence of violation of their own peoples' privacy, drone attacks on innocents and torturing of prisoners for both countries. Brazil was unstable and had massive police violence before and during the worldcup.

If you apply this human rights rule you wont find a place to host a world cup.

By the way Qatar is home to almost every single big british and american corporation just like Dubai (who has the same conditions for their labor) is. Qatar also owns a good chunk of london. Qatar also has US military bases in it. The military, economic and political relationships between the west and qatar are very strong and I havent heard noises of boycotts or bans except for when it comes to the worldcup.

Its not the second coming of christ, its just an entertainment event that all kinds of countries hosted before. Its ok to have all kinds of relationships with Qatar but its not okay to host some events there. Thats a double standard.

Another double standard is to ignore atrocities of other countries when it comes to world cup hosting but to pick on Qatar for its poor treatment of labors. I am sure if you measure the kind of humanitarian damage the US and UK cause to the world it would be a lot worse than the few laborers that work in Qatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. The US and the UK have committed atrocities. I'm not denying that at all. But don't you see how using slaves to construct the very stadium the World Cup is held in is on a completely other level? It's not even just condoning human rights violations, it's actually violating them to make the World Cup possible.

And that you would even have to go all "The USA do it too" to defend your argument is just pathetic.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Don't be so happy just yet, because there as much chance for this WC to be played elsewhere.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Fred. Qatar is the fucking desert. I understand that it's the World Cup and that it should be played in different nations. But why have it in the middle of fucking nowhere in a climate that is utterly wrong for the sport in stadiums that were built by slaves?

It is fucked up in so many ways that I don't understand how this decision ever came to be, if not for the fact that it was bought.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
You said my head was up my ass, I posited that really if anyones head is up his ass, it would definitely be you. I do not believe the WC should always be hosted by nations who could cater to the European football schedule, sure most of the time that will be the case and that would definitely be convenient, but my argument has always been that you cannot exclude a country from hosting the WC because their climate in the summer does not suit the European football schedule, how is my head up my ass? FIFA agrees, and last I checked whether you like them or not(and I certainly don't mind you) they make those decisions.

So again, please take your own advice and get your head out of your ass.
Are you saying they are doing a good job? You support the decisions fifa are doing in regards to this WC being done there?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fred. Qatar is the fucking desert. I understand that it's the World Cup and that it should be played in different nations. But why have it in the middle of fucking nowhere in a climate that is utterly wrong for the sport in stadiums that were built by slaves?

It is fucked up in so many ways that I don't understand how this decision ever came to be, if not for the fact that it was bought.
Do you imagine people there still use camels and live in tents?

Come on man, the fucking desert? Qatari people have one of the highest standards of living in the world.

Are you saying they are doing a good job? You support the decisions fifa are doing in regards to this WC being done there?
For your first question, please be more specific, are you asking if they do a good job in general? I don't think so, most people who follow football don't like them very much as an organization, and I'm no different as you can see from the part you bolded.

Do I support the decision to have the WC in Qatar? Of course I do.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Its not their job. They are responsible for football. They are not responsible for the world's ills. Also, why stop at banning them from hosting worldcups, why not completely ban them from football?
When an organization is more powerful than the vast majority of countries, it IS responsible for the world's ills. FIFA has been held unaccountable for far too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you imagine people there still use camels and live in tents?

Come on man, the fucking desert? Qatari people have one of the highest standards of living in the world.
Did I say they lived in tents? Did I say their standard of living was low? I said Qatar is the fucking desert. How is this untrue?

From Wikipedia: "Most of the country consists of a low, barren plain, covered with sand." - to me that sounds like a desert. Clearly the desert is not a good place to play football. We could theoretically play it on Antarctica too, but why would we?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Q: Why do you generalize and hate all Germans?
A:

Totally gave it to me, now I'm all speechless after your eloquent and coherent elaboration. Absolutely blown away by your strong argument and ran away :lol: :lol: Ignore list btw I don't want scum like you on a juventus forum.

I never said I hated all Germans. I never generalized either. I said I find it distasteful that a country that was solely responsible for the greatest genocide of humanity should elect leaders that come down hard on Southern Europeans, while also still having an incredibly racist society that is evidenced by just about any edition Bild has ever published.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)