PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics (1 Viewer)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Everyone but Russians should have been cheering Germany on. Would have been the greatest upset since Miracle on Ice in 1980. Half the Russian team is NHL calibre. Was kind of a joke they were an absolutely boneheaded play by a German on the power play with a minute left away from losing the gold medal.

So many Russians stay in the KHL, or leave the NHL to return early to the KHL. Half of their players would have been on the Russian team even if the NHL released its players. Whereas 0 Canadians and 0 Americans would have been played in this Olympics had the NHL allowed players to go.

Really isn't an impressive Gold Medal win at all, considering the circumstances.
Agreed with everything.

It definitely was a very exciting game and the way Germany gave up the equalizer with 45 seconds left was so heartbreaking.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Everyone but Russians should have been cheering Germany on. Would have been the greatest upset since Miracle on Ice in 1980. Half the Russian team is NHL calibre. Was kind of a joke they were an absolutely boneheaded play by a German on the power play with a minute left away from losing the gold medal.

So many Russians stay in the KHL, or leave the NHL to return early to the KHL. Half of their players would have been on the Russian team even if the NHL released its players. Whereas 0 Canadians and 0 Americans would have been played in this Olympics had the NHL allowed players to go.

Really isn't an impressive Gold Medal win at all, considering the circumstances.
Wait, NHL doesn't allow its players to go to the Olympics?
I thought football was the only sport where Olympic medal isn't the most prestigious.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Wait, NHL doesn't allow its players to go to the Olympics?
I thought football was the only sport where Olympic medal isn't the most prestigious.
previously in winter olympics nhl players were free to participate, this year they had some sort of breakdown in relationship and nhl said no olympic break. apparently the clubs owners do not want the break, because that's a relatively quite time in American Sports and there's a money to be made for them and also there's always the risk of injury and the guaranteed fatigue of international players. the players of course are pissed off, I would be too if someone took away my chance at an Olympic gold

in boxing as well Olympic gold isn't nearly as prestigious as the big belts

dunno about tennis, Federer hasn't got an olympic medal, but I don't think that stops him from being the goat

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
previously in winter olympics nhl players were free to participate, this year they had some sort of breakdown in relationship and nhl said no olympic break. apparently the clubs owners do not want the break, because that's a relatively quite time in American Sports and there's a money to be made for them and also there's always the risk of injury and the guaranteed fatigue of international players. the players of course are pissed off, I would be too if someone took away my chance at an Olympic gold

in boxing as well Olympic gold isn't nearly as prestigious as the big belts

dunno about tennis, Federer hasn't got an olympic medal, but I don't think that stops him from being the goat
The league used the Olympics to try to bully the NHLPA into extending the current CBA for 3 more years, removing the players association option to opt out in 2019-20 (Deal runs to 2022). League wanted to tie players in until 2025. They offered Olympics in exchange for this. Which would mean the CBA would be 10 years + 3 instead of 8 years + 2.

Players of course said no, as 13 years is a long time to have no negotiating power. And the league said no Olympics, unfortunately.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The league used the Olympics to try to bully the NHLPA into extending the current CBA for 3 more years, removing the players association option to opt out in 2019-20 (Deal runs to 2022). League wanted to tie players in until 2025. They offered Olympics in exchange for this. Which would mean the CBA would be 10 years + 3 instead of 8 years + 2.

Players of course said no, as 13 years is a long time to have no negotiating power. And the league said no Olympics, unfortunately.
I remember the lockouts of 04/05 and 12/13, what are their main problem usually, salaries?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I love how Russia had to pay 15m to IOC because of 2 doping cases. One was barely doping (meldonium) in fucking curling and the other in women bobsleigh, where their ladies finished 12th :rofl:

OP

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
  • Thread Starter #113
    [video=twitter;971797696133648384]https://twitter.com/SI_Swimsuit/status/971797696133648384[/video]Brenna Huckaby :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)