Pulp Fiction and Scarface: F**king Short Versions (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Don Bes said:
can i still claim english is not my first language here.

"you know what i mean silly" :disagree:
Well you live in Canada, so I have more of an excuse than you do. Unless you want to plead French.

Jacques said:
Pulp Fiction is NOT a masterpiece by any means but it is far from being boring. If it is overhyped it doesn't have to be boring.
I found it thrilling as Capello's tactics.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin said:
I found it thrilling as Capello's tactics.
You are trying too hard to diss the movie actually.

Why would you use thrilling in your post? Just to demeanor it more. It is exactly like you and rock music. Just because it had a huge reputation at your school, you insist it is boring. I am sure had you been in another school where pop music was over hyped, you would think Michael Jackson is boring.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jacques said:
You are trying too hard to diss the movie actually.

Why would you use thrilling in your post? Just to demeanor it more.
Mostly because people have described it as thrilling. Besides, I bet there are people here who love the movie and no doubt find it thrilling. So how is me using that word unfair? Yes I'm dissing it, as I often react when I face an opinion very opposed to mine, that I find downright silly. But so what? You thought it was good but not great. I thought it was completely pointless.

Jacques said:
It is exactly like you and rock music. Just because it had a huge reputation at your school, you insist it is boring. I am sure had you been in another school where pop music was over hyped, you would think Michael Jackson is boring.
This doesn't hold water actually. Most of the time I liked Michael Jackson, I was in the minority. In fact I very often am with the things I like.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Martin said:
which is?
Which is you don't like the majorities opinion.

I said had you been in a school where Michael Jackson was seen as god, you would be headbanging to the first electric guitar you hear.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jacques said:
Which is you don't like the majorities opinion.

I said had you been in a school where Michael Jackson was seen as god, you would be headbanging to the first electric guitar you hear.
Oh I see, I missed your point. Well if that's what you're trying to say, then I don't agree with that either. I'm not the anarchist who will take any side other than the popular one. I have no problem being in the majority if and when I agree with its opinion. If I were so anti-mainstream, wouldn't I be a vegetarian or a tree hugger or a goth or something like that?

This suggestion that I get so strongly influenced by the environment in the stands I take I just don't agree with.

The reason I come down strong on certain issues is only a fruit of the strongly contrary opinions I have heard about those issues. Which you may say is unnecessary, but instead of starting with subtle statements and mild points of view, I, knowing what I think, just go straight to the point. I don't have the need to develop my point of view when I've already done that in the past several times.

Jan 7, 2004
Martin said:
Oh I see, I missed your point. Well if that's what you're trying to say, then I don't agree with that either. I'm not the anarchist who will take any side other than the popular one. I have no problem being in the majority if and when I agree with its opinion. If I were so anti-mainstream, wouldn't I be a vegetarian or a tree hugger or a goth or something like that?

This suggestion that I get so strongly influenced by the environment in the stands I take I just don't agree with.

The reason I come down strong on certain issues is only a fruit of the strongly contrary opinions I have heard about those issues. Which you may say is unnecessary, but instead of starting with subtle statements and mild points of view, I, knowing what I think, just go straight to the point. I don't have the need to develop my point of view when I've already done that in the past several times.
so basically what you are saying, in big words, is still what jack said, just you are now tired of constatly hearing how good they are and feel the need to just say how shit they are.

seems fair

and the fact that you eat meat and dont hug trees is irrelevant. after all you are going with a passion against one of the most popular choices in the world at the moment, windows

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Don Bes said:
so basically what you are saying, in big words, is still what jack said, just you are now tired of constatly hearing how good they are and feel the need to just say how shit they are.
In a word, yes. However, I've said all I meant to say and I've no intention to further rubbish that movie.

Don Bes said:
and the fact that you eat meat and dont hug trees is irrelevant. after all you are going with a passion against one of the most popular choices in the world at the moment, windows
This is very misguided, Donny. First of all, Windows' dominance is not a reflection of people's choice of one OS over another. It's a reflection of Microsoft's partnership with hardware vendors to sell computers bundled with Windows. And that is a pure business arrangement. If you wanted a new car and all new cars were sold with diesel engines, would you insist on buying one without it just so you could install your own fuel engine? For crying out loud, they were convicted of monopolistic practices by the Department of Justice.

On the subject of influence, I don't find myself heavily influenced by the majority choice, whether to follow it or not. Of course that doesn't mean I "make up my mind on my own", that would be nonsense. Instead, I tend to be attracted to the opinions of certain individuals whom I respect in the given field. When their reasoning coincides with mine, I'm prone to supporting their stand. Most recently I find myself agreeing a lot with Richard Dawkins, so since last week give or take, I consider him an authority on the subject of religion vs atheism.

Jan 7, 2004
Martin said:
On the subject of influence, I don't find myself heavily influenced by the majority choice, whether to follow it or not. Of course that doesn't mean I "make up my mind on my own", that would be nonsense. Instead, I tend to be attracted to the opinions of certain individuals whom I respect in the given field. When their reasoning coincides with mine, I'm prone to supporting their stand. Most recently I find myself agreeing a lot with Richard Dawkins, so since last week give or take, I consider him an authority on the subject of religion vs atheism.
here's some good advice that my life needs a the moment.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
mikhail said:
While we're on the topic, movies in 30 seconds with bunnies:
http://www.angryalien.com/
seen this about 6 months ago but was only a few. funny as hell

mikhail said:
I'm with the Pulp Fiction is overrated crowd. It's good, but not the masterpiece some people make it out to be.
agreed on that i enjoy this film but there are so many films of this style that are way better, for example i loved lucky number slevin and thought it was a better movie than pulp fiction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)