Programming Thread (7 Viewers)

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
Nein, but you should check out http://xamarin.com/. Cross platform development from the same codebase and the language is C# so less hipster than ObjC. Haven't used it myself but if I were to do mobile development I'd try this first.

EDIT: Holy crap, their pricing is not kind. I guess that's what you get with way too many people willing to spend tons of cash on smartphones.
That pretty cool. I Think 'Unity' does something similar also.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
How much Python do I need to know to work on Django? I've just started learning to work on Rails with Ruby and I've found that I don't really need to know much on Ruby (other than fairly basic stuff) to work on RoR.

OP
ALC

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
  • Thread Starter #30
    The main thing you need to learn about Django is that it needs to be unchained.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    How much Python do I need to know to work on Django? I've just started learning to work on Rails with Ruby and I've found that I don't really need to know much on Ruby (other than fairly basic stuff) to work on RoR.
    I can't tell you that it's almost nothing. Programming is a skill and in the broader picture computer science is the science that it's embedded in. You need to know about as "much" Python to work on Django sites as you need for anything else basically. And the same thing goes for Ruby/RoR; in fact Python and Ruby are very similar languages and if you know one of them you already know a lot about the other one.

Obviously it depends a lot on the kind of site you want to build. For the most basic stuff you can probably get by with basic Python.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    The last time I remember talking to you about Python, I don't think you were working on web apps. Or were you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)