Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (9 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You can edit yourself as a player or manager from scratch with the built in editor, I did it as a manager and player for 2015.

You can create any player on it, and yes they grow in the career modes just the same as any player. You can give them determining growth factors like 'early peak' (Pato, Owen), 'medium growth' (typical player) or 'late bloomer' (Toni etc).
But can you determine how much they grow ?

Lets say, make a dybala become as good as messi or something

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #42
    But can you determine how much they grow ?

Lets say, make a dybala become as good as messi or something
    You mean edit him to be as good as Messi, or build him up through career mode to be that good? Either. You can edit stats all up to 99 if you want, but those players will have default stats online. To develop them to be that good you have to get the best out of them to develop.

A growth example:

PES growth limit is 108 (for some bizarre reason) instead of 99.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #44
    I assume you mean the menu / interface. Definitely the weakest part, a little too Japanese arcade, although when you see the progression of the last few years they have definitely changed more towards FIFA's shiny Premier League-inspired interface.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #46
    Oh ok, try harder because I'm boring :D

But you see the main menu is slick these days:

The in game IFs just aren't, still like something you'd see in PES 4.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I assume you mean the menu / interface. Definitely the weakest part, a little too Japanese arcade, although when you see the progression of the last few years they have definitely changed more towards FIFA's shiny Premier League-inspired interface.
    Greased up Vasaline style more like. Everyone is as shiney as Zaza head.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I usually got bored after 4-ish at most. But that look ridicolous, used to not notice much of a change except with really special youth players or older stars declinning too fast. But that graph shows everyone becoming super men, wtf lol.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #52
    Gameplay? Menu's always look fancy.
    I always preferred the PES models and collision zones, since the ISS days. Konami (Seabass) always understood the gameplay side of things above all else, that's the bread and butter of PES.

They definitely had some down and lazy years but the Japanese are obsessed with the whole game physics side of things. You get the feeling with FIFA that it was all about licenses and modes for some time, then people realised that they were churning out a polished turd and turning away, so they made a very playable and entertaining game. More recently they are too obsessed with FUT. I enjoy playing FIFA but it never feels quite right, and I find it exceptionally easy (once you get over the laughable defending controls early on).

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    You mean edit him to be as good as Messi, or build him up through career mode to be that good? Either. You can edit stats all up to 99 if you want, but those players will have default stats online. To develop them to be that good you have to get the best out of them to develop.

A growth example:

PES growth limit is 108 (for some bizarre reason) instead of 99.
    So how does one make a player thats lets say rating 78, and make him become 108

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #55
    So how does one make a player thats lets say rating 78, and make him become 108
    Well you can't do that with anyone except a young player. They would have to be like Pogba (or indeed Cesc) talent level at 18-19 to get that good. For example Dybala is currently rated at 75 on PES 2015 (pretty good for a then 20 year old - before his blow out season) and will probably be early 80s on 2016. So that is a lot of growth potential for a 21 year old. With a growth spurt like the exaggerated one in the graphic he would be between 95 and 101, in my opinion. PES works out a total based on attributes in the player's particular role.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    What i kinda liked in FIFA, was how you could aquire points to unlock stuff like boots, celebrations, shirts, vpro boosts and gameplay related stuff like "replay game" for career mode

then again, my current fifa client is fucked up, i can connect online with orgin, but not with fifa and its not my computer but the client itself so i'm not having that anyway

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #58
    You won't find as many of those additional rewards and bonus things in PES, that for me is one of the downsides. The game has an increasing amount of modes, but they have always been 1) Gameplay, 2) Editing. Now with more individual licenses the latter is more mixed.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I do like to customize. I do that in FM aswel before i launch a game.

FIFA ? Its hidden in some putrid celler, and the game happely resets it all the time when you sync online

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #60
    I had two game modes break on me and numerous down times with EA not giving the slightest shit because it wasn't FUT so never touched it again, but I did enjoy many games up until that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)