Primavera & U17 (9 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
These are primavera kids so a lot can change quickly, but out of all the players I’ve watched I think Miretti is by far the best prospect, not unlike Fagioli was. Will be fun to see his progress, especially if Allegri takes over as he’s mentioned a desire for Italian football to utilize their young talent more.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=387911

Apparently we signed this kid from Malaga. We beat Real Madrid and Sevilla in the race to sign him, 16 y/o Dutch central defender who doesn’t have a weak foot. He reached the news earlier this year as he already trained with Malaga’s senior squad when he was 15.
1143554359835.jpg

Not the short one, right?

Edit: Nm, just read it.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I watch Miretti and Fagioli play and I just don’t see that much of a gap between them and Rovella, I really don’t. They’re almost a victim of their surroundings, because if they were playing for a club like Genoa (or better yet a club outside Italy) they would already be playing top flight football somewhat regularly. I’m not saying they’re finished products, because they’re definitely not (neither is Rovella,) but this babying of younger players is out of control. I don’t care how young they are, you put them on a field with Ramsey and ask someone who’s never watched any of them play to identify the best one, no ones rolling with Ramsey.

Jun 16, 2020
I watch Miretti and Fagioli play and I just don’t see that much of a gap between them and Rovella, I really don’t. They’re almost a victim of their surroundings, because if they were playing for a club like Genoa (or better yet a club outside Italy) they would already be playing top flight football somewhat regularly. I’m not saying they’re finished products, because they’re definitely not (neither is Rovella,) but this babying of younger players is out of control. I don’t care how young they are, you put them on a field with Ramsey and ask someone who’s never watched any of them play to identify the best one, no ones rolling with Ramsey.
It’s annoying to see decent midfielders in our youth and meanwhile Ramsey struggling to play 5 good games per year. We’re reaching the end of the season, Fagioli is still training with the senior squad and Portanova still has more minutes this season in our jersey compared to him in Serie A. I mean how?

I don’t expect those U19 or U23 kids to save our season but we’re just destroying them. I lost hope for this season when Pirlo some time ago did everything he could when we had some injuries to not use any primavera players.

Hopefully more excitement next year, but you feel a plusvalenza deal coming for Fagioli or Ranocchia.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It’s annoying to see decent midfielders in our youth and meanwhile Ramsey struggling to play 5 good games per year. We’re reaching the end of the season, Fagioli is still training with the senior squad and Portanova still has more minutes this season in our jersey compared to him in Serie A. I mean how?

I don’t expect those U19 or U23 kids to save our season but we’re just destroying them. I lost hope for this season when Pirlo some time ago did everything he could when we had some injuries to not use any primavera players.

Hopefully more excitement next year, but you feel a plusvalenza deal coming for Fagioli or Ranocchia.
another reason why I’m hoping Allegri takes over. He’s been outspoken lately about how young players are utilized (more specifically not utilized) in Italy. I also know he likes Fagioli and saw the talent back when he was only 16-17. I’d trust that if he took over he would give space to the younger players in the pipeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Like if Correia got the same 26 opportunities in serie A as Berna has, I would bet money he could produce more than 0 goals and 2 assists, I mean it’s just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Fabio Paratici è attento ai nomi di giovani talenti da far crescere in bianconero e avrebbe puntano la serie B francese. Il difensore del Nancy Randy Bandolo classe 2005, infatti, secondo quanto riportato da Estrepublicain sarebbe in procinto di lasciare la Ligue 2 per unirsi alla Juventus. L’operazione sarebbe totalmente a parametro zero.

Jun 16, 2020
He’s very nice indeed, has a lot of strength and is technically very gifted. Has been injured for a big part of this season.

Very different player if you compare him to the other guys. Soule is very skinny, technically gifted and more of a classical winger. Sekulov has a lot of speed, quite strong but lacks the pass/end product quite often. I haven’t seen enough of that Chelsea boy tbh. Chibozo seems to have a bit of everything, he played for Inter when he was younger btw.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He’s very nice indeed, has a lot of strength and is technically very gifted. Has been injured for a big part of this season.

Very different player if you compare him to the other guys. Soule is very skinny, technically gifted and more of a classical winger. Sekulov has a lot of speed, quite strong but lacks the pass/end product quite often. I haven’t seen enough of that Chelsea boy tbh. Chibozo seems to have a bit of everything, he played for Inter when he was younger btw.
idk why but I don’t really like sekulov. Iling has been meh in the games I’ve watched. Soule has a good foundation, he just needs to physically mature, which should come with time. If you lined them all up with chibozo I would never guess that he was the younger one. I could see him make appearances in serie A next season. Hope he stays healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)