Primavera & U17 (5 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
The current Fagioli should do something first before we should worry about finding the next one.

But yeah Miretti was first name that popped to my head.
They’re very different tho. Miretti could become a good box to box, while we have Ranocchia and Barrenechea who remind me of types like Bentancur and Locatelli, than there’s Fagioli who could become a AM or regista, but almost certainly no position where he has to cover a lot of ground. And we have that Austrian kid Omic but I missed to many games where he played and I don’t want to guess what his best role is.

78th minute against Fiorentina atm. We’re winning this, 2-0 (Da Graca and Ntenda). Good game but a difficult one, I remember that Fiorentina kicked us out of the semi final of the Coppa last year with Portanova as the veteran of this team.

Missed the games for a few weeks in a row, I’ll try to rewatch the match against Inter.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Cerri is a giant with a baby face

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Pirlo needs to try Berna out as a #9 first imo

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I read a Morata comp with Da Graca. I haven’t seen him play enough to comment on that. Accurate? Physically they look similar.
I’d say that Morata has more speed, better in twisting and turning with the bal, definitely more complete than Da Graca but that’s kinda obvious with the age difference.

I think that Da Graca went to the gym, seem to have grown a lot physically and for now seems to be good in positioning and finishing, but technically there’s room for improvement. He should be starting for the U23 now if you’d ask me.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #247
    How does that Fiumano kid look?
    Only a backup but he looks quite useful. When he played against Sampdoria with Nzouango he was the better of the two, but they were a bad pairing. Alongside De Winter or Pio Riccio he would do better. He was a starter for the U17 last year but hasn't been able to start with many of his teammates because of De Winter and Nzouango.

BTW Pio Riccio returned yesterday and looked very good, his typical tigrish performance.

Pagelle from yesterday:

Garofani

Turicchia - De Winter - Pio Riccio - Ntenda

Miretti - Omic - Pisapia

Soulé - Sekulov

Da Graca​

Garofani 6 - Controlled his teammates remotely, well-protected, few dangerous moments

Turicchia 7 - Played on the right instead of his usual left, and adapted in the best way. A thorn in their side with his advances.
    84' Fiumanò - n/a.

De Winter 6.5 - Shadowed Spalluto in the first half, breaking away well also as a libero.

Pio Riccio (c) 7 - Giant in the centre of defence. Master of aerial duels and one-on-ones.

Ntenda 7 - He performs well in both phases. Difficult to beat on the left, he put the game on ice with a goal from inside the penalty area.

Pisapia 6.5 - Played from the first minute since his return from injury, having played a few minutes against Inter. His work in the middle is important for the balance of the team.
    70' Iling-Junior 6 - With him Juve changed tactical approach, more liveliness.

Miretti 6.5 - Lower range of play in the first half, in the second he revved the engine and gave more verticality to his play. The post denied him a goal.

Omic 7 - Comes out with personality with the ball at feet, even in dangerous situations on the edge of the area. He takes risks but confirms his outstanding quality in the position.

Soulé 6.5 - He plays between the lines, often arriving to shoot with his left. 84'
    Maressa 7.5 - Provided the assist for the third goal from Da Graca.

Sekulov 6.5 - Started a little quietly, not getting into the game. He grew at a distance, communicating more with his teammates and providing cover.
    76' Cerri 6 - Immediately you can feel the offensive power.

Da Graca 7.5 - 11 goals in 9 games played. For the Primavera he's like starting the game already 1-0 up. (*note JJ - he has a goal every 49')

Coach Bonatti 7 - Fundamental victory that was missing for four matches. Temporarily reached second place in the table.

Last edited:
    OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #250
    I’ve started to hear good things about Tommaso Maressa. midfielder, only 16 and recently made his debut with u19. Albanese did a little piece on him yesterday.

https://www.juventusnews24.com/tommaso-maressa-nove-minuti-da-juve-bonatti-scopre-le-carte/
    He had the assist on the third goal against Fiorentina. As obvious as it was that Fagioli was a big player for the team in 19/20 and Miretti in 20/21, you can say the same for Maressa for the 21/22 season.

We are taking nice steps in developing players that are spoken about at the national level. I'd say the depth of talent in the U19 and U17 squads for the past two seasons is as strong as it has ever been. If you look at the U19 team now I see Serie A potential in two central defenders, two fullbacks, at least 3 of the CMs, 1 or 2 wingers and definitely 1 striker, probably 2. That is because the younger Primavera players from last season are mixed with the best from a standout U17 side from then.

I'd go back to the squads from 2004-06 which won a lot of trophies and had 3 international players (Marchisio, Giovinco, Criscito) plus a few others who had Serie A careers. The team from 2015-17 also had several good players. But as we've discussed before, talent is only one part of it.

Jun 16, 2020
    So in 2025 we have Maressa - Fagioli - Miretti

I think that we jumped into a market that wasn’t exploited by any big club in Italy, and we’re really taking advantage of it. It’s not difficult to find players with talent within our youth teams and our scouting abroad is doing a fine job aswel (De Winter, Soule, Correia, Dragusin).

Yesterday felt a bit like rock bottom for me. With all those injuries and suspensions Pirlo really did everything he could to not field any youth players, it’s really pathetic. And I’m not trying to say that we have some hidden wonderkids but some of them really have characteristics that we could’ve used.

If we change trainer, we have to make sure that we find someone who’s willing to give the youth a fair chance. Maybe Pirlo wants it, as seen in the beginning of the season, but he’s now afraid of losing his job so he chooses experience over talent.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    So do we have someone that can be a backup to Morata or what?

- - - Updated - - -

And who are they playing?
    honestly I haven’t watched da graca play enough to have an opinion on that, but it would solve one issue. I doubt they’d trust him from the beginning of next season though, so its still more likely they bring another player in. Let’s see how he does with the u23s.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    honestly I haven’t watched da graca play enough to have an opinion on that, but it would solve one issue. I doubt they’d trust him from the beginning of next season though, so its still more likely they bring another player in.
    ugh I hate Italy for this reason.

sink or swim in other nations but in Italy they don't even let the youth get near the pool to find out LOL

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    ugh I hate Italy for this reason.

sink or swim in other nations but in Italy they don't even let the youth get near the pool to find out LOL
    yeah, at least Juve has made an effort to develop young players, and they’re on record saying they want to integrate multiple players every season into the first team. Old habits are hard to break, and when you’re chasing results it makes sense that giving opportunities to young players isn’t the priority. Hopefully we start seeing the plan turn into reality relatively soon though.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    yeah, at least Juve has made an effort to develop young players, and they’re on record saying they want to integrate multiple players every season into the first team. Old habits are hard to break, and when you’re chasing results it makes sense that giving opportunities to young players isn’t the priority. Hopefully we start seeing the plan turn into reality relatively soon though.
    What's annoying is, do we REALLY not have anyone that can step in and actually give players like Bernie, Rabiot or Bentancur a run for their money? I makes sense we don't have someone that can bench Ronaldo or MDL, for example. But the others? Surely our youth can make an impact in those positions.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    What's annoying is, do we REALLY not have anyone that can step in and actually give players like Bernie, Rabiot or Bentancur a run for their money? I makes sense we don't have someone that can bench Ronaldo or MDL, for example. But the others? Surely our youth can make an impact in those positions.
    I think they do, but right now they need to win every game in every competition they’re in, and with basically every manager ever (especially Italians) in love with experience, you get what we’re seeing now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)