Preview : Italy vs Finland (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
    I hope Italy qualifies, but they certainly haven't made things easy on themselves. A few comments on players named in this thread so far...

Panucci - was very good vs. Portugal, and I would think he'll be in the next squad.

Zola - NEXT!

Miccoli - I wouldn't be surprised if he's not picked. Hopefully we'll have Del Piero, and maybe even Vieri will play.
    Yes, Panucci was good against Portugal, but he's far too inconsistent.

Zola, Baggio and Hubner are too old.

True, Miccoli is very young but he's doing extremely well and I don't see why he shouldn't retain a place in the squad. Oh yea, Trap is the coach, that's why. :down:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

He'll brainwash you ;)

Must play Panucci, must play Panucci.. :D
    Mustn't call up Miccoli, Brighi or anyone 23 or under...Tommasi and Di Biagio must play.. :D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    All Roma players should be banned for the Azzuri.
    :D.

Is is just me who thinks that Inzaghi, Del Piero, and Totti is actually better attacking Trio then the one constructed around Vieri. I find it puzzling when Trap insists playing longball tactics just for Bobo when he has likes of Alex, Pirlo, and Totti who can create things out of nothing.

Also defense needs sorting out. Either Nesta or Canna has to be the leader and organize the defence. It was painfull watching Azzuri play against Wales.

Also, Azzurini needs to play with more width. Di Natale would be the option.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++

Is is just me who thinks that Inzaghi, Del Piero, and Totti is actually better attacking Trio then the one constructed around Vieri. I find it puzzling when Trap insists playing longball tactics just for Bobo when he has likes of Alex, Pirlo, and Totti who can create things out of nothing.

Also defense needs sorting out. Either Nesta or Canna has to be the leader and organize the defence. It was painfull watching Azzuri play against Wales.

we dont have many options or practise to be versatile enough for international fame.

i thought trap was the bad guy, not calling good young players up, but often i see them not playing outstandingly well either...wonder why....

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    probable lineup

------------------Buffon----------------
    panucci---nesta----canna----coco
    --di biagio--tommasi--gattuso
    --------------totti---vieri

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    probable lineup

did anyone get a red card before the game started?! ;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++
    probable lineup

I'm having flashbacks of last summer :down::down::down::down:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

You are absolutely right though as they provide better movement and skill but i guess ppl will say Bobo scores goals but like Trez for Juve, they make their teams boring to watch as Vieri depends on long balls over the top mainly from di Biagio or from the wings

Also Canna and Nesta seem better in a 3 man defence than in 4-4-2 but I cannot think of a 3rd defender to suit them, I use to want Maldini to reconsider but not anymore as every time I see him he is being outjumped at Milan

My dream line up though it will never happen with Trap in charge will be

------------------------Buffon===========

?------------------Nesta------------Cannavaro-------------Di pasquale

---Camo/Fiore-----------Albertini------------Giannichedda------Di Natale

----------------------------------Totti----------------------

-----------------------Dp----------------------Inzaghi

Bench

Toldo
    Leggottalie
    Bonera
    Coco
    Ferrari
    Zambrotta
    Ambrossini
    Pirlo
    Tacchinardi
    Vieri
    Miccolli
    Corraddi

Di Pasquale cos i think he has loads of potential and if Ericksson can bring Ashley Cole along then why not Italy

Giannichedda as nobody protects his defence more with all his heart than this guy , incredibly underated

Wishes never to be called up again are Birindelli (come on), Materazzi(please), Panucci( I am begging), Gatusso ( 5 years salary is on the line for this) Di Biagio(enuff is enuff) Tomassi ( 1 good season and Italy is paying dearly for it

If some one can explain to me why Trap calls up 3 golakeppers even for friendlies and never uses them

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    --------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------
    ------------Cannavaro------Nesta--------Iuliano-----------------
    Camo---------------Tach--------------Fiore------------------Coco*
    ---------------------------------Totti----------------------------------
    -----------------------Vieri---------------DelPiero-------------------

* I haven't seen Di Natale play but if he's as good as people think, put him in here.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    trap won't make big changes he made that only in freindlies

my ideal formation is :

------------------------------------- Buffon

---------- cannavaro -----------Nesta -------- Juliano or legrott.

Zamby ------------ Corrini -------------------Gianechidda ------ fiore

--------------------------- Totti
    ----------------------------------------------------------- del piero
    ---------------------------------- Viery

Bench :
    Toldo
    camo
    inzaghi
    Panucci
    Micolli
    Tachi
    coco

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Mainly agreed Denco,
    :).

I think the whole team is construted to allow Vieri to express himself. As a result, I think many members of the team does not express their true potential. Trap ignores midfield because he knows that their main job is protect defence rather than play football. This means that the many creative players in the Azzuri are starved of service. Also, such system puts incredible strain in the defence. The difference between this team and the great team of past is that defence is not that strong. Compare the current generation with that of 90 Italian team, then the gulf in class is evident. Italy still has great defenders like Canna and Nesta but current Panuuci and Coco would not even made the bench in the 90s never mind the first eleven. Just compare them with Bergomi and Ferri. Oh yeah, Ciro was on the bench during the tournament.

Good mention by Denco on Giannicheda. He is, in my opinion, the most underrated midfielder in Serie A. His passion, workrate. and attitude is phenomenal. Gauttuso, too, has a lot passion, but they are immature. Beside, Giannicheda is miles better football player.

But one aspect, I do disagree on is Di Pasquale. Sure, this guy can football. I love his attitude towards fullback, his enthusiams, and attacking displays. His dribbling display against Leverkeuson was at times awesome. Not to mention that he can cross a bit on both feet. But, I haven't been convinced about his defensive abilities, particuarly seeing him get destroyed against Lazio. Also, he isn't natural tackler like Canna and Nesta, and I don't think he is a ceteral defender. However, he is definitely fantastic talent and one to watch for.

My personal best eleven would be,

Buffon - Bonera, Nesta, Canna - Camo/Zambrotta, Maresca/Pirlo, Giannicheda, Di Pasquale - Totti - Del Piero, Inzaghi.

Or
    Buffon - Bonera, Nesta, Canna, Di Pasquale - Camo, Giannicheda, Di Natale - Totti, Del Piero - Vieri.

Other players...
    Toldo,
    Miccoli,
    Ferrari,
    Legrotagllie,
    Zambrotta,
    Corradi,
    Ambrosini,
    Iuliano,
    Coco,
    Fiore,

Other players in the frame:
    Pellizoli,
    Montella,
    Perrota,
    Corrini,
    Bonazolli (If he learns to play with feet rather than just his head),
    Brighi,
    Marchionni (If he finds his form, he is a electrifying player to watch),
    Zauri,

I also heard Fava is a very good player in Serie B who can become a outstanding talent. I also heard that Gasbarroni is outstanding winger. I am looking forward to watching these players in the future.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I just foun his name is Pasquale not Di Pasquale and I actually have him down as a left full back not in a 3 man defence uti cannot think of a decent right full back

Dj i said Camo or Fiore

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    I just foun his name is Pasquale not Di Pasquale and I actually have him down as a left full back not in a 3 man defence uti cannot think of a decent right full back

Dj i said Camo or Fiore
    :confused::confused::confused:

Isn't he a leftfull back? Hehe...beside, I am not very good with European names, I used to call Beckam, Beckam, with aam sound at the end instead of "erm" sound.
    Having said that, My point is that Pasquale is a leftfull back, and I don't think he has the physique to play more central role. I would rather like to see him given the option to run down on the left, as a leftwingback. His dribbling skills, positive attitudes and a bit crossing ability would make him a great fullback, IMO.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    :confused::confused::confused:

Isn't he a leftfull back? Hehe...beside, I am not very good with European names, I used to call Beckam, Beckam, with aam sound at the end instead of "erm" sound.
    Having said that, My point is that Pasquale is a leftfull back, and I don't think he has the physique to play more central role. I would rather like to see him given the option to run down on the left, as a leftwingback. His dribbling skills, positive attitudes and a bit crossing ability would make him a great fullback, IMO.
    Thats exactly what I said twice, i have him down as a LEFT FULL BACK and NOT a CENTRAL DEFENDER and just to add to your confusion, its Beckham:D

EriN

Mar 11, 2003
    Italy is gonna win with:

Buffon,Delpiero,Totti,Inzaghi,Vieri,montella,Nesta,Canavarro,Pirlo,Corradi,Tommassi,Toldo........etc(the rest r un important):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)