Preview : Italy vs Finland (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yes I know this match is a long way off,but I thought it would be interesting to find out how you guys feel about our (Italy) chances of winning this game,and in the long term qualifying for the finals of Euro 2004. So go ahead and talk about who you reckon should be called up,what is the ideal starting lineup, and your predictions for the match and the future.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Finland have a good team. They may not have the individual stars like us, but in the end its the team-play that counts....difficult, but we should win...with a 1-0 scoreline as usual....:rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i dont see Italia qualifying for Euro 2004!! in this state.

what a waist of Talent....

same as the Dutch team in pre-WC2002. a bunch of top-class stars lost on the field! :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
Finland have a good team. They may not have the individual stars like us, but in the end its the team-play that counts....difficult, but we should win...with a 1-0 scoreline as usual....:rolleyes:
Hyppia is their whole team, he is awesome, but he can't really score and defend every game for them. Sometimes, but not all the time.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
i dont see Italia qualifying for Euro 2004!! in this state.

what a waist of Talent....

same as the Dutch team in pre-WC2002. a bunch of top-class stars lost on the field! :rolleyes:

hey i suggest you do this: quote this post in its ENTIRETY, unedited, and pm it to Erik....

harry

Mar 4, 2003
Italy ARE struggling... but they always have - i think they have a problem motivating themselves against weaker competition - and Finland ARE weaker.... even with Hyppia.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Finland do have some decent players besides Hyppia and the best of them all is Littmanen , also Forsell if fit is a decent striker while Nniemi is a very good goal keeper but it all depends on Trapps and as usual he will call up players I am not that fond of in the Nt like Di Biagio, Gatusso and Panucci

I would not be surprised if he omitted Miccoli cos thats his style, never moving forward always backwards

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Gazzetta reports...

Trap: "Miccoli is not right for us at this time, I am looking for a more experienced forward to add quality to the side. Young Fabrizio still has time on his side."

Pundits suggest Trap could find his man in Marco Ferrante or perhaps Claudio Bellucci..

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
hey i suggest you do this: quote this post in its ENTIRETY, unedited, and pm it to Erik....
One question: is this about it concerning the Dutch team or because of a certain spelling error you pointed out to me a while ago? :D;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

One question: is this about it concerning the Dutch team or because of a certain spelling error you pointed out to me a while ago? :D;)

well it just brought back some cool memories about when the forums were grey and i was so seriously concerned about such things and told u in private as not to humiliate you.......

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Bloody Brilliant!, but why not Dario Hubner?
thanks ...i do think it's a good idea IF he's looking for senior citizens (i mean experienced players! ;) ).

please dont compare hubner with Zola!!

in other words: the idea of Hubner is not too Bloody Brilliant!! (though i dont mean it in a sarcastic :rolleyes: )

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
well it just brought back some cool memories about when the forums were grey and i was so seriously concerned about such things and told u in private as not to humiliate you.......
Thank you :D

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Hmmmmmm....... Baggio is too old, and Miccoli is too young. I guess that means that Trap will pick Delvecchio !!!!!!

Read my sig !!!!!!

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
I hope Italy qualifies, but they certainly haven't made things easy on themselves. A few comments on players named in this thread so far...

Panucci - was very good vs. Portugal, and I would think he'll be in the next squad.

Zola - NEXT!

Miccoli - I wouldn't be surprised if he's not picked. Hopefully we'll have Del Piero, and maybe even Vieri will play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)