Premiership star fails drugs test! (4 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Now Mutu Says It Wasn’t The Real Thing

Chelsea’s under-fire Romanian striker Adrian Mutu has done a U-turn over his admission that he took cocaine, saying it was not that particular drug after all, but “ something to make me feel good".
On Tuesday, the chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, Gordon Taylor, said Mutu had admitted testing positive for cocaine.

But on Thursday Mutu denied he had taken cocaine and told Romanian television: "I didn’t take cocaine. I took something to make me feel good."

Mutu, 25, could receive a lengthy ban after failing a random drug test.

He also told Romanian newspaper Pro Sport that he was unhappy with the way the matter has been handled.

"Things about my situation were greatly exaggerated," Mutu told Pro Sport.

"What has happened to me has shown me who my real friends are."

Pro Sport claimed that Mutu will remain with Chelsea but will not be paid during any period in which he is suspended.

The English Football Association and Chelsea have so far declined to comment on the case.

Mutu is unlikely to discover his fate from the FA for another two weeks at least.

But his agent, Gica Popescu, revealed on Thursday that Mutu would organise a news conference next week.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Wow I found another article from Soccernet.

Chelsea won't sack me, says Mutu

LONDON, Oct 22 (Reuters) - Disgraced striker Adrian Mutu says Chelsea will not sack him for failing a drugs test in training, although he acknowledges he is unlikely to have a future with the London club.
'I am almost certain Chelsea will not pay my contract during any suspension period I might get,' the Romanian international told British newspapers on Friday. 'But they will not sack me.

'In the meantime I will just have to wait for the decisions which the (English) FA and my club will take.

'Even I find it hard to believe that I might have a future at Chelsea so, most probably, I will have to go back and play in Italy again.'

Mutu, who faces a ban for failing his drugs test, denied on Thursday that he had taken cocaine.

'I didn't take cocaine. I took something to make me feel good, I'll tell you later what it was,' he told Romanian television after leaving a meeting at the English Football Association.

Mutu is also quoted in the UK tabloid, the Daily Mirror, saying: 'I am not hooked on drugs. I categorically deny this.

'The only reason I took what I took was because I wanted to improve my sexual performance.

'It may be funny but it is true. I did not take cocaine. I took something to make me feel good.'

On Tuesday, English players' union chief Gordon Taylor said Mutu had admitted testing positive for cocaine.

An FA spokesman said the ruling body would not be making any comment on the case.

Chelsea have also refused to comment, saying only that the striker had been signed off by their medical department. Once a player has failed a drugs test the matter becomes the responsibility of the FA rather than the club.

The case is likely to take at least two weeks before the FA decides the length of any suspension.

Mutu, who returned from two days in Italy on Thursday, has agreed to counselling and to waive the right to a test of a B sample.

The 25-year-old Romanian, who joined Chelsea from Parma in August 2003, has had little impact on the team since falling out of favour with the then coach Claudio Ranieri in the second half of last season.

Mutu has managed only two brief substitute appearances this season and said that even before his failed drugs test he had come close to physically assaulting Ranieri's successor, Jose Mourinho, during a row.

'I have to admit that in the heat of our confrontation I did actually threaten Mourinho about what would happen if he ever went to Romania,' Mutu told British newspapers.

'In a moment of total madness, I almost hit him, too. But now I am calmer and I must say I have nothing against the coach.'

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
He's an idiot. If he was such a nice guy he wouldn't be accused of playing below par for the national team (maybe not recently but in the past), beating up his wife and taking drugs. The moment he left Parma he started talking trash about Serie A and how much better England is. Last year he had a sub par season by his standards and now he's being left out of the team completely, desperate for a return to Italy. He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. And to take drugs on top of that, how dumb is that? If they nailed Maradona, they'll take you too.
my. this is the only unhappy post I remember from you that's not related to Totti.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Wow I found another article from Soccernet.

Chelsea won't sack me, says Mutu

'I have to admit that in the heat of our confrontation I did actually threaten Mourinho about what would happen if he ever went to Romania,' Mutu told British newspapers.

'In a moment of total madness, I almost hit him, too. But now I am calmer and I must say I have nothing against the coach.'
Not only is he a drug addict, but a violent guy too huh

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well he is now saying he took drugs to help his sexual performance, not cocaine.

Well i guess he was just trying to play keepy uppy but unfortunately did not have the balls (spot the pun there).

I am not sure which one I would be wanting ppl to remember me for, a cocaine head or a too quick performer.

Oh well if its cocaine he took , he just caught thats all, i cannot believe a lot of footballers do not take it

K10

Jul 12, 2002
To tell you the truth, if the guy wanted to do drugs, that's his business. It's not affecting anyone else.

He's derailing his body, of which he has control of, let him do as he please.

About taking sexual enhancement drugs, well, his girlfriend did complain he wasn't performing if I recall correctly.

Mutu maybe a bad guy, or just the media makes him out to be one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)