Premiership star fails drugs test! (1 Viewer)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
A Premiership player has tested positive for a banned substance, according to the Mail on Sunday.
The report claims the player tested positive after a test conducted by UK Sport.

The Football Association refused to comment on the report today.

The FA intend to tighten their doping programme after Rio Ferdinand's missed drugs test in 2003.

In July it was announced that the FA planned to increase the number of tests in the 2004-05 season by 20% after a review by Lord Coe.

...And...

LONDON (AP) - Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu has tested positive for a banned drug, a British newspaper said on Sunday.

According to the Mail on Sunday, the 25-year-old Romanian striker, who has lost his place on the team after falling out with club coach Jose Mourinho, tested positive at Chelsea's training ground. The report did not identify the banned substance involved or say when the test was carried out.
The Football Association declined to confirm the report or whether any Premier League player had tested positive. Calls to Chelsea weren't answered.

The paper said Mutu's sample was taken by a team from UK Sport, which carries out most random tests in Britain, and it was now up to the player to decide whether to have the 'B' sample tested.

If Mutu is the player involved, he is likely to receive a ban of two years from the Football Association. It suspended Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand for eight months for failing to show up for a test even though he tested negative a day later.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3087948

:cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I think that this is very good news, at least now nobody can claim that they dope players only in Italy... But Finnish NT should do something too, Mutu was the one who clinched the victory to Romania in qualifying game... :fero:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    How is this good news? Mutu was a fantastic player before he went to England, possibly a world class striker. He was a pleasure to watch. Chelsea is making a habit of ruining careers. :fero:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    How is this good news? Mutu was a fantastic player before he went to England, possibly a world class striker. He was a pleasure to watch. Chelsea is making a habit of ruining careers. :fero:
    Chelsea are going to be the new Inter I feel.

Mutu was a great player. Sad he left Serie A.

Firstly eight months for Rio for not showing up was harsh. 2 years, Mutu's career is virtually over I think.

Sorry this had to happen to him.

OP
    Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    yeah, but at least they are trying to clean up football... Damn, these news really made my day, I'm very glad that he got busted... Hopefully more will come...

OP
    Erkka

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    like it's Chelsea's fault... :rolleyes: Come on Andy, your better than that! Everybody dope, as simple as that... Mutu was just unlucky...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    like it's Chelsea's fault... :rolleyes: Come on Andy, your better than that! Everybody dope, as simple as that... Mutu was just unlucky...
    You don't know Erkka. Maybe Chelsea administered some substance to him, so it could be their fault.

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    is there possible that Chelsea physio gave him drugs?

damn you bastard! you ruined his career!:groan:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Man Mutu is one of my favourite strikers.........and he has been tested positive for the drug? OMG 2 years ban? U might as well tell Mutu to reture!

Argh I have to wait for 2 years b4 I can see Mutu in action. I don't know y Chelsea doesn't wanna put Mutu in their games. Bah! Now I may not have the chance to see Mutu in action for a long time........

I really wished that he stayed in Serie A then maybe none of this will happen.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Anyway Mutu is not the only 1 to be leaving, there r other players that want to move out too including Geremi, Glen Johnson, Scott Parker (any1 else I left out, I seem to have a poor memory about these things.)

I hate Mourinho's face.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Sad for him, he was a great player, if he only had stayed at Parma instead of moving to stupid england.
    Well anyway Mutu is known to be a wild party man, maybe he has got something from that, like cocain or something?, maybe thats why he has been in so bad form too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)