Premier League 2023-24 (31 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What is your guys take on ten Hag?
Truth be told I never saw his Man Utd but it seemed like he was doing really good job in Ajax and I thought they can have another Van Gaal or Hiddink on their hands.

What happened? Got exposed or got crushed by Man Utd toxicity?
His team just aren’t that great. They’ve yet to replace some of the transfer mistakes in recent years and ten Hag hasn’t been the momentous change people hoped for.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I really, really hate the fact Paratici got incredible signings for Tottenham of players on Juve's radar for cheap.

I mean... we buy Romero for 30M or stg (was this an inflated value from any shade trade?), only to loan him out another year with Genoa, and immediately after that, Paratici loans him out to Atalanta with a fixed price of 17M or stg (almost half his original value). Atalanta proceeds to sell him to... Paratici, with Tottenham, for 50M, and the guy shows to be a fucking jackpot signing.

Then he snaps Udogie for... 16M, right under Juve's nose.

He buys Betancour for 19M - less than what Juve payed for him to Boca.

He finds Vicario for a bargain.

He signs Kulusevski for a 30M discount from Juve, when the guy was destroying in EPL and his real value should be stg like 50M or more.

Paratici is basically a huge success in Tottenham, in part at Juve's expense, after destroying our club.

I REALLY hate this cunt. Hoping his career goes downwards as quick as possible. Nothing against Tottenham, but I hope that club fucking disappears.

Cunts
isn’t he banned? Either way I wouldn’t say huge success. Wasn’t he involved in hiring and then firing Nuno and then Conte? Last season’s rant was symbolic of massive failure at spurs not success. Is the current coach his signing?

As for the player signings, he might have done better than his time here but hardly a huge success either. They’re riding a high right now similar to Contes first 6 months where they snuck into the top 4 against all odds. The problem with Spurs has always been sustainability. They lull you into thinking they’re a top team and then implode under pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Has he not had power over the choices made since he's been in charge? Union haven't been shy about spending the money
https://www.transfermarkt.us/erik-t...ainer/3816/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=368838
Looks like they gave him too much control over transfers his signings have been largely flops and expensive too.

The toxicity can bring anyone down, but he also seems to underestimate the level of upgrade he needed to bring in to compete. He’s worked with some of the players at Ajax it’s a really poor reflection on his judgment that he thought Antony could be ready for United in the near term. Hojlund might come good over time but again he doesn’t have the luxury of time and should of gone for someone more ready. Good enough for Ajax to then slowly integrate and nurture young players over years does not translate to the United pressure and time constraints.

My read is that he has introduced more discipline and standards in the dressing room which is really good but his squad building is waaay too slow for United

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I really, really hate the fact Paratici got incredible signings for Tottenham of players on Juve's radar for cheap.

I mean... we buy Romero for 30M or stg (was this an inflated value from any shade trade?), only to loan him out another year with Genoa, and immediately after that, Paratici loans him out to Atalanta with a fixed price of 17M or stg (almost half his original value). Atalanta proceeds to sell him to... Paratici, with Tottenham, for 50M, and the guy shows to be a fucking jackpot signing.

Then he snaps Udogie for... 16M, right under Juve's nose.

He buys Betancour for 19M - less than what Juve payed for him to Boca.

He finds Vicario for a bargain.

He signs Kulusevski for a 30M discount from Juve, when the guy was destroying in EPL and his real value should be stg like 50M or more.

Paratici is basically a huge success in Tottenham, in part at Juve's expense, after destroying our club.

I REALLY hate this cunt. Hoping his career goes downwards as quick as possible. Nothing against Tottenham, but I hope that club fucking disappears.

Cunts
You're upset he bought some of our rejects and a good coach is currently doing better with them?

Udogie will be a miss for sure but all PL clubs pretty much sign good players now, it's just how they are brought together by a coach.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I don't understand why Tottenham played a high line with 9 men when the score was 1-1. Chelsea had a few clear chances to score against that flat defensive line but Tottenham kept doing that. Eventually Jackson scored 2-1 and then more goals to come. I thought a team should play defense if they're down to 9 men. Is that the instruction from the Tottenham coach to play a high line when the score was 1-1?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't understand why Tottenham played a high line with 9 men when the score was 1-1. Chelsea had a few clear chances to score against that flat defensive line but Tottenham kept doing that. Eventually Jackson scored 2-1 and then more goals to come. I thought a team should play defense if they're down to 9 men. Is that the instruction from the Tottenham coach to play a high line when the score was 1-1?
@MikeM

singus

Sep 22, 2020
lol, now the aroused throaters are using a completely unrelated Tottenham loss in their personal fight for tuz vindication :rofl::rofl:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Go down fighting with an attacking attitude rather than try for a feeble point.

But really though with 9 men against a PL team with quality players you're pretty fucked either way.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Go down fighting with an attacking attitude rather than try for a feeble point.

But really though with 9 men against a PL team with quality players you're pretty fucked either way.
i kinda watched the 2nd half and thought that even with 9 men, spurs had a chance to win it, chelsea were so chicken shit. spurs could have definitely snatched a point without gifting their own half to chelsea and offer the chance of as many counters as chelsea desired. i generally like ange and his all-in attacking approach, but yesterday he should have had a plan b. defending at the half line with 2 men down is rather suicidal and dumb than heroic.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I agree with Ange up to the line being at half. That was stupid but in general I'd go for offside traps and sweeper keeper instead of sitting in your box. Didn't Klopp sit in his box with 9 men and lost as well?

I don't know if there is a good answer. I actually thought Spurs were doing well for 20 mins of that nonsense but all the way to the half line was comedy.

The high line with 9 shakes the opponent because they have to break all their routines but eventually they calm down and pick a pass. Also playing outside your box lets you foul non stop as Spurs were doing. It allows throw ins and for you to be fouled etc. Lots of time wasting. Less corner kicks to defend.

But once you see your opponent calm down and find a plan you have to stop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 19)