Premier League 2023-24 (47 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Playing football is a job. If he can convince his employer to give him a month off in the middle of the season while getting paid, more power to him.
top comment under the tweet:

of course legally it's a stretch but kinda agree with the principle, the question alone speaks volumes about the dedication of the guy. unless it's a personal issue like dunno, his brother has a fatal illness or something, i don't even see a reason for asking. they'll have a summer break in half a year ffs.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

of course legally it's a stretch but kinda agree with the principle, the question alone speaks volumes about the dedication of the guy. unless it's a personal issue like dunno, his brother has a fatal illness or something, i don't even see a reason for asking. they'll have a summer break in half a year ffs.
The first thing I did was google this :D Apparently his brother also played for Newcastle but was released as a free agent in the summer :lol2:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
unless it's a personal issue like dunno, his brother has a fatal illness or something, i don't even see a reason for asking. they'll have a summer break in half a year ffs.
I fail to understand what's the controversy here.

If one month off is all it takes to keep Sean Longstaff happy and at your club for a little longer, you do it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I fail to understand what's the controversy here.

If one month off is all it takes to keep Sean Longstaff happy and at your club for a little longer, you do it.
And besides, there's more to life than football.

It would be ridiculous to expect him to be there every single week for just 3M euros a year.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

You just got Massimo DiCulo'ed.

The guy who wrote that top comment is the first one who came up with the tweet as a joke (just look at his bio) and now it spread everywhere.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

The guy who wrote that top comment is the first one who came up with the tweet as a joke (just look at his bio) and now it spread everywhere.
fuck :D it's a news site with 622k followers, i supposed they check their sauces

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I thought everyone knew it was a joke and just playing along with it lol

Saw it on twitter at the time and it was being quoted by all the troll accounts on twitter to farm engagements. It seems it worked lol

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I thought everyone knew it was a joke and just playing along with it lol

Saw it on twitter at the time and it was being quoted by all the troll accounts on twitter to farm engagements. It seems it worked lol
i follow just a very few selected accounts just to avoid these kind of jokes. i didn't see it quoted by anyone, just that single post. the lack of source should have been a red flag. it was a good giggle anyway

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Vicario is currently outperforming others in the league according to FI.
I barely watched him this season (about 45 minutes). Is he really doing that well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 30)