Premier League 2023-24 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its just pure lazy incompetence, there's no other excuse. They trying to blame it on miscommunication, but it's complete bull.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Their overall record in all competitions this season is quite a hit or miss kind of game, also on somewhat of a downward spiral lately…

IMG_0583.jpeg

Not that i disagree with your point but truth is that they have resources worthy of upper teams this days due to doing well for a few years in a row already in the Premier League and buying/selling smart, got a rather not impressive but well balanced squad without any specific superstars but with a lot of overall quality, for example we are practically less than one Vlahovic valuation/market value away from having the same squad value as them just to put things into perspective.

IMG_0582.jpeg IMG_0581.jpeg
Brighton is 10th-15th in EPL based on market value on transfermarkt, a lot of teams there with a similar asset value (330-380m).
https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1
roughly the same positions in revenue and
spending (wage bill, transfers):
https://www.capology.com/uk/premier-league/finances/2022/

contending for EL places is a big success and shows how well this club is run that they constantly jump above their financial disadvantage, similar to Atalanta in Serie A.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
VAR conversation and shit from the Liverpool/Tottenham fiasco has been released.

It's so fucking bad. How is EPL such a rich league? This VAR conversation is so bad, it's probably worse than anything that happens in Serie A VAR studios. Comical how bad it is.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
VAR conversation and shit from the Liverpool/Tottenham fiasco has been released.

It's so fucking bad. How is EPL such a rich league? This VAR conversation is so bad, it's probably worse than anything that happens in Serie A VAR studios. Comical how bad it is.
It's actually hilarious and better more it happened to Liverpool :lol:

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
It's actually hilarious and better more it happened to Liverpool :lol:
Oh I love that part of it.

But how can you have people using fucking CODE WORDS to sound all official. Just say "onside" or "no goal" why "check complete" to confirm the onfield decision? And why is there a rule in place that once play resumes they can't go back? Even if its just 30 seconds later? Insane.

I hate the excuses "oh fans would be mad for long onfield delays." Listen, long delays are annoying but NO WHERE NEAR as annoying as massive ref fuckups? Right? Am I insane in this thought? Like people would hate long delays but understand if it gets the call right. Correct?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Oh I love that part of it.

But how can you have people using fucking CODE WORDS to sound all official. Just say "onside" or "no goal" why "check complete" to confirm the onfield decision? And why is there a rule in place that once play resumes they can't go back? Even if its just 30 seconds later? Insane.

I hate the excuses "oh fans would be mad for long onfield delays." Listen, long delays are annoying but NO WHERE NEAR as annoying as massive ref fuckups? Right? Am I insane in this thought? Like people would hate long delays but understand if it gets the call right. Correct?
Thing is whenever I see TMO in rugby union they're clear on decisions, it's a 2 way conversation of the refs decision and the video replay and whether the on field decision stands, the same in field hockey, suddenly in football you've got a 3 way chat of confusion between the 4th official, the video guy (who's not an official) and the refs in the VAR room. Hearing that audio on the radio driving home was just a fucking mess.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Thing is whenever I see TMO in rugby union they're clear on decisions, it's a 2 way conversation of the refs decision and the video replay and whether the on field decision stands, the same in field hockey, suddenly in football you've got a 3 way chat of confusion between the 4th official, the video guy (who's not an official) and the refs in the VAR room. Hearing that audio on the radio driving home was just a fucking mess.
Also, the whole "VAR isn't allowed to stop play once it resumes" is INSANE take.

They literally stop play and come back for missed penalties or handballs all the fucking time. One thing is for sure, VAR should be made available to the broadcast LIVE just like American football where the viewers see exactly what the ref sees and hear their conversation with VAR. If the refs are scared of that level of transparency then that says more about their mindset.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

I know we criticize Serie A refs a lot but PL and La Liga refs are mind blowingly bad.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Also, the whole "VAR isn't allowed to stop play once it resumes" is INSANE take.

They literally stop play and come back for missed penalties or handballs all the fucking time. One thing is for sure, VAR should be made available to the broadcast LIVE just like American football where the viewers see exactly what the ref sees and hear their conversation with VAR. If the refs are scared of that level of transparency then that says more about their mindset.
agreed, I remember the first season VAR was introduced to Serie A and I think it was against Genoa where we had scored and play was brought back for something that happened like a minute beforehand because of VAR.

VAR has really made refs lazy and complacent.

Just adding to my example in rugby, what I like is that when someone is sin binned (yellow carded) there is a 10 minute review process whilst the offending player is on the bench serving his time out, in that 10 mins whilst the game is on going the video review panel are then able to review the incident in that time frame to conclude whether to upgrade the offence to a red card or whether the yellow is sufficient.

- - - Updated - - -

I know we criticize Serie A refs a lot but PL and La Liga refs are mind blowingly bad.
Then again I still strongly disagree with the decision not to send berardi off for what he did to Bremer. Serie A refs are shit at least for Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it ironic that Michael Oliver is in that audio clip? you know the one who has a dustbin for a heart? :D

Just an afterthought.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
serie a refs aren't any better unfortunately. it isn't an attractive profession. i read somewhere that a ref earns 3200 € per match, var refs get a grand (probably gross), everyone else prolly earns less, they mostly have a daily job and a family, they get death threats for every mistake. kick one out of the rotation and you can bet that the replacement will be worse.

they are still shockingly bad for most of the cases and it's not easy to accept even when they don't actively try to mess with your team, let alone if you're a jj fan. my point is that it won't get any better, unless sports governing bodies actively try to help them with technology. the current protocol could be much better to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

just saw this. that's pure incompetence indeed. they'll show it for years during communication trainings. shocking for a multi billion business.

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
This one and Valverde goal last week are identical rockets, and for me never own goals.

But yeah it's extra hilarious to shush your greedy teammate in the celebration:D
Both of the shots were going back into play though. Both shots were technically off target since it hit the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)