Premier League 2021-22 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He's done a fine job but there is massive exaggeration about this season. They might have been 9th when he took over but it was after 10 rounds, and they were 5 points below 4th place. Talking like it was some kind of miracle to make up 5 points in 28 games and finish ahead of Arsenal and the worst Man United in my living memory, let's be serious.
doing the double on man city and getting a result against liverpool... Like to see Allegri match or better that with Spurs' squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Isn't it early to say this about Allegri after a single season?
Afterall, he did make it to the CL final in 2017 with almost a completely different Juve compared to the one in 2015. He did rebuild a Juve that lost Pirlo, Tevez, Pogba, Vidal, Morata, Evra.
:baus:

The reality is Allegri has had a pretty mediocre season for his standards, but he’s been given the worst squad of players he’s had since 12/13 Milan days.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Isn't it early to say this about Allegri after a single season?
Afterall, he did make it to the CL final in 2017 with an almost completely different Juve compared to the one in 2015. He did rebuild a Juve that lost Pirlo, Tevez, Pogba, Vidal, Morata, Evra.
But we still retained our spine BBBC, Licht, Marchisio etc

All these players were serial winners

The current Juve has serious mentality issues. Good players are suddenly playing like crap. I'm a bit disappointed we haven't improved one bit on the mental side. The constant capitulation in games proves that.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

The current Juve has serious mentality issues. Good players are suddenly playing like crap. I'm a bit disappointed we haven't improved one bit on the mental side. The constant capitulation in games proves that.
Licht wasn’t a starter, BBC was beginning to show signs of aging and our midfield wasn’t anywhere as good as previous seasons and he still brought us 45 mins away from a treble.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

And all of them, apart from Buffon and Bonucci, didn't play even half the minutes in that season due to injuries. It was a new team, with Higuain, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Dybala, Pjanic, Khedira, Alex Sandro playing most of the time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We're they also 9th because they didn't play few games cuz of Covid or something like that?
Not sure as I just check after 9 rounds, it's just a bit exaggerated.

I agree with what's stated above, Conte is very good at improving teams because he's this mental motivator, but it seems to burn out over time.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
And all of them, apart from Buffon and Bonucci, didn't play even half the minutes in that season due to injuries. It was a new team, with Higuain, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Dybala, Pjanic, Khedira, Alex Sandro playing most of the time.
But is it the same level of rebuild as compared to a team that finished 4th last season and has lost it's way completely or a team that finished 7th in 2010-11?

I'm not denying Allegri did a great job despite constant sales. I was merely suggesting that based on the work Allegri and Conte have done over the years, perhaps a Conte type approach would've been more ideal this season to reignite the spirit of a mentally weak team. Both coaches have their own strengths and have a different way of doing things.

Ofcourse Allegri has another season and a couple of transfer windows to erase those doubts.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But is it the same level of rebuild as compared to a team that finished 4th last season and has lost it's way completely or a team that finished 7th in 2010-11?

I'm not denying Allegri did a great job despite constant sales. I was merely suggesting that based on the work Allegri and Conte have done over the years, perhaps a Conte type approach would've been more ideal this season to reignite the spirit of a mentally weak team. Both coaches have their own strengths and have a different way of doing things.

Ofcourse Allegri has another season and a couple of transfer windows to erase those doubts.
Looking at the profile of our players, Conte couldn't have done anything but lose his nerves this year. I do believe that if we acquired Conte right now, he'd most probably do great next season. He'd insist to get rid of the useless, brainless, soft players in our squad.

As for Allegri, I just realized that he also rebuilt Milan when he joined in 2010. They were perennial losers, but Allegri (and of course the Milan management) brought guys like Zlatan, Cassano, Van Bommel, Boateng, even Robinho, and immediately won the league.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Not sure as I just check after 9 rounds, it's just a bit exaggerated.

I agree with what's stated above, Conte is very good at improving teams because he's this mental motivator, but it seems to burn out over time.
I guess it's just his try to suck so premier League cocks in order to gain more followers.
He has to still learn how to suck those dicks though:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Looking at the profile of our players, Conte couldn't have done anything but lose his nerves this year. I do believe that if we acquired Conte right now, he'd most probably do great next season. He'd insist to get rid of the useless, brainless, soft players in our squad.

As for Allegri, I just realized that he also rebuilt Milan when he joined in 2010. They were perennial losers, but Allegri (and of course the Milan management) brought guys like Zlatan, Cassano, Van Bommel, Boateng, even Robinho, and immediately won the league.
They also kept weakening his team but he still managed to keep them in the top 3 of the league and get out of the group in the CL in every season there.

And this was the Milan of Nocerino, Emanuelson, Mexes, Niang etc…

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

The ironic thing is many here thought Bentancur and Kulusevski are soft and brainless, yet they've been a revelation this second half of the season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The ironic thing is many here thought Bentancur and Kulusevski are soft and brainless, yet they've been a revelation this second half of the season.
I doubt anyone sees Bentancur as soft. Quite the contrary. He was terrible in Pjanic's role under Pirlo, but fine this season. Kulusevski was not used well, I agree. He's a player I'd have kept. Though both could be seen as a sacrifice needed in order to bring Vlahovic.
But Bernardeschi, Arthur, Rabiot, McKennie, De Sciglio, Kean and Rugani would have been kicked out right away.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I doubt anyone sees Bentancur as soft. Quite the contrary. He was terrible in Pjanic's role under Pirlo, but fine this season. Kulusevski was not used well, I agree. He's a player I'd have kept. Though both could be seen as a sacrifice needed in order to bring Vlahovic.
But Bernardeschi, Arthur, Rabiot, McKennie, De Sciglio, Kean and Rugani would have been kicked out right away.
Nah Conte would make something out of McKennie im sure of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)