Premier League 2021-22 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What wrong did i say? He's doing a great job and he brought them back to fight for the UCL spot, am i wrong? no, it's just deluded allegroids who see no one else success but Allegri's.
Arsenal is not a poor club. How many transfer seasons and how much money did he spend to fight for 4th?

Mind you he only stands a chance for 4th because of the complete collapse of United. Conte looks to have done an equal or better job in just half a season.

His rivalry with Conte wont end in his favor

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2006
Arsenal is not a poor club. How many transfer seasons and how much money did he spend to fight for 4th?

Mind you he only stands a chance for 4th because of the complete collapse of United. Conte looks to have done an equal or better job in just half a season.
Edu has explained everything here about their project:
https://arseblog.news/2021/09/edu-calls-for-patience-as-he-explains-arsenals-new-project/
We had 21 players exit over the year. All of those were terminated or we tried to sell, or we tried to loan with an obligation to buy as well. We tried to clear a bit of the squad and bring in some new faces. We had 21 outgoings and signed 10 players in one year.
“So, 21 changes, it is a lot. It’s more than a squad in one year. But this was the intention again when we are talking about the base and the foundation. We have to create it again to one day just go and sign one or two players.”
Quite how big that next step is, remains to be seen. As a man under pressure, Edu unsurprisingly side-stepped the opportunity to outline definitive targets.
“I don’t want to go for top four or top six or top eight or top 10,” he said.
“I’m just really looking forward to seeing this squad play together. I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone fit. I want to see our squad because I don’t see it yet. But I’m really looking forward to it because I believe and Mikel believes that this team can have a good season.
They will probably miss out on top4 now - they had no Partey, White and Tierney today, now they will also miss out on Holding and Gabriel and its a huge blow for Arteta.

Conte is a better coach and has had a better attacking options with Son - Kane partnership, while Arteta was stuck with regressed Aubameyang and Lacazette and many young players.

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Edu has explained everything here about their project:
https://arseblog.news/2021/09/edu-calls-for-patience-as-he-explains-arsenals-new-project/
We had 21 players exit over the year. All of those were terminated or we tried to sell, or we tried to loan with an obligation to buy as well. We tried to clear a bit of the squad and bring in some new faces. We had 21 outgoings and signed 10 players in one year.
“So, 21 changes, it is a lot. It’s more than a squad in one year. But this was the intention again when we are talking about the base and the foundation. We have to create it again to one day just go and sign one or two players.”
Quite how big that next step is, remains to be seen. As a man under pressure, Edu unsurprisingly side-stepped the opportunity to outline definitive targets.
“I don’t want to go for top four or top six or top eight or top 10,” he said.
“I’m just really looking forward to seeing this squad play together. I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone fit. I want to see our squad because I don’t see it yet. But I’m really looking forward to it because I believe and Mikel believes that this team can have a good season

Conte is a better coach and has had a better attacking options with Son - Kane partnership, while Arteta was stuck with regressed Aubameyang and Lacazette and many young players.
2.5 seasons to then barely challenge for top 4. That is really slow progress I don't see anything impressive here. That they're not mid-table?

What do you find impressive about this project or what they achieved thus far? Brendan Rogers has done better with Leicester

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Did you read his interview? They've decided to completely rebuild the squad and to build it around the young players, they had no exact goal for this season.
I did. If there are no expectations or objectives for the season, how is what they've done this season impressive?

Brendan Rogers has so far done more and better with less resources.

Mar 9, 2006
I did. If there are no expectations or objectives for the season, how is what they've done this season impressive?

Brendan Rogers has so far done more and better with less resources.
Because nobody expected that they will fight for top 4 until the end, other top4 teams have a far superior line-ups + manchester united

Yes, Rogers did incredible job with Leicester in his first 2 seasons there but who denies it? lol, im not an Allegroid who denies other coaches' successful jobs

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Because nobody expected that they will fight for top 4 until the end, other top4 teams have a far superior line-ups + manchester united

Yes, Rogers did incredibly job with Leicester in his first 2 seasons there but who denies it? lol, im not an Allegroid who denies other coaches' successful jobs
Arsenal finishing 5th 2.5 years into a project is not impressive man. Leicester doing it is but not Arsenal and Leicester did it without UTD collapsing.

This year they have a chance because United shat the bed not because this Arsenal is strong in any sense. They finished 8th last season and ironically lost to Villareal in Europa League. There was no objective or expectations because they've been so shit.

This year he is doing okay. I cant give him a higher grade than just okay. Nothing impressive.

Mar 9, 2006
Arsenal finishing 5th 2.5 years into a project is not impressive man. Leicester doing it is but not Arsenal and Leicester did it without UTD collapsing.

This year they have a chance because United shat the bed not because this Arsenal is strong in any sense. They finished 8th last season and ironically lost to Villareal in Europa League. There was no objective or expectations because they've been so shit.

This year he is doing okay. I cant give him a higher grade than just okay. Nothing impressive.
I've sent you Edu's interview in which he said that they've decided to completely rebuild the squad and to build it around the young players and also decided to trust Arteta to do this. He won't have 5 or 6 more years, next season will be definitely decisive for him.

Nah, if somehow they will finish in the top4 it will be an incredible achivement for squad that Arteta has.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No, his first 2 seasons there were bang average. Then they've decided to completely rebuild the squad and in this year they have improved by a lot and that's what i've been saying but Allegroids are attacking me for congratulating Arteta for having a good season lmao.
You're mistaking "better than expected" with "good". Expectations were very low because his team has been shit for 2 years. And Arsenal have been meme since Wenger.

If we was hired last summer you'd be onto something but this guy has been in charge for a while now. He is outperforming the low expectations he helped create

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You're mistaking "better than expected" with "good". Expectations were very low because his team has been shit for 2 years. And Arsenal have been meme since Wenger.

If we was hired last summer you'd be onto something but this guy has been in charge for a while now. He is outperforming the low expectations he helped create
He might still finish 5th tho. I think they have it in them to choke it away with pressure now

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He might still finish 5th tho. I think they have it in them to choke it away with pressure now
Absolutely. 4th or 5th he has benefited immensely from United's complete collapse. The fact that the club had no public target at the start of the season shows how much Arsenal has sunk including the last couple of years he has been in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)