Premier League 2021-22 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely the best individual season in Premier League history. I've never seen a player carry a team that close to the top like Suarez had with that trash Liverpool side.

I actually watched Liverpool quite a bit that season just to see what crazy thing he would pull off. Even in games where he didn't score his performance was top notch, ex: 5-1 vs Arsenal, 3-2 vs City.

His stats at the end of the season were: 33 games, 31 goals, 12 assists. He managed to pull that off without taking a single penalty. Liverpool earned 12 penalties that season, it's fair to assume that Suarez likely hit 40 goals had he been in charge of penalty duty and that is just outrageous. But even without penalties he managed 43 goal contributions in 33 games, which is again crazy. The only prem player who I can recall besting that number is Thierry Henry in 2003 with 44 goal contributions. But that was with what went on to be the Arsenal "Invisibles" and with 4 more games.

Great player and the only one imo who legitimately competed with Messi and Ronaldo during their prime. I

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Both Klopp and Pep are lame mofos. This Liverpool-City "rivalry" in which coaches and players only compliment one another fully sums up what's boring about this era of football.

God bless Mourinho for giving us entertainment to last a lifetime vs Pep in 2011. Always my GOAT.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Both Klopp and Pep are lame mofos. This Liverpool-City "rivalry" in which coaches and players only compliment one another fully sums up what's boring about this era of football.

God bless Mourinho for giving us entertainment to last a lifetime vs Pep in 2011. Always my GOAT.
Those compliments seem passive aggressive to me. I agree that outright dissing is better than that.

May 23, 2013
Those compliments seem passive aggressive to me. I agree that outright dissing is better than that.
Thats definitely possible considering their personalities and previous remarks.

But tbh for me it feels like they are too scared to put their balls on the line and outright say how they feel.

- - - Updated - - -

What happened to Sancho? Did he turn out to be bad after all of this?
Hes picked up form in recent weeks, but is never worth the ridiculous price which Dortmund asked for him.

May 23, 2013
Don't agree about Mou being a GOAT :yuck: :inter:

A disgusting notion labeling that acrimonious piece of shit who led our most hated rivals EVER to a treble the GOAT.
I was referring to his antics which have brought about some of football's great rivalries and moments.

The actual GOAT is Ferguson, but I can't definitively place anyone else above him.

- - - Updated - - -

He also sucks now. How could he be considered one of the greatest with a peak lasting about 20 minutes.
He had a 12 year peak (2003-15), that's not short. And I don't think he sucks now. He just wasn't suited to the two loser teams which he's presided over at United and Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)