Premier League 2020-21 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
lol Trae young was the one that got spit on.

I think besides the Ja case, none of the other instances are racist. The popcorn thing with Westbrook was just funny and the spit thing was disgusting but some fans just take sports too seriously
i didn’t say they were all racist, just fans out of control

thinking cause they buy a ticket they can do shit that would get their ass beat in the real world

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I knew it had to be Utah fans smh. Some Celtic fans racially abused Kyrie Irving too. Maybe it was too soon to bring back crowds in NBA
yeah Kyrie deserves to get abused 100%

can’t believe the nets have made me root for Boston, I hate them even more because of that

- - - Updated - - -

i didn’t say they were all racist, just fans out of control

thinking cause they buy a ticket they can do shit that would get their ass beat in the real world
lol hilarious you say that because Westbrook was really about to go beat the dude’s ass, had four guys holding him back

May 23, 2013
Giroud, Coquilan and Emery have all won European silverware before Arsenal since winning the club. Absolute joke of a club lmao, their fall from grace has been extremely fun to watch. I seriously don't think we will see them in the CL for the next 10-15 years. Heck they could even go the Newcastle route and yo-yo around the bottom half of the league for the foreseeable future.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Is it fair to conclude Chelsea is now a bigger club than Arsenal?

Arsenal still have the upper hand in terms of national trophies like the premiership and FA Cups, but Chelsea is far beyond them in terms of international honours.

Arsenal had the better players though, some absolute legends played for them back in the 90's and early/mid 00's. Chelsea had great players as well but not in the same class as Henry, Bergkamp, Viera and so imo.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012

Arsenal still have the upper hand in terms of national trophies like the premiership and FA Cups, but Chelsea is far beyond them in terms of international honours.

Arsenal had the better players though, some absolute legends played for them back in the 90's and early/mid 00's. Chelsea had great players as well but not in the same class as Henry, Bergkamp, Viera and so imo.
How do we measure what club is "bigger"? Seems pretty subjective.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
How do we measure what club is "bigger"? Seems pretty subjective.
A few years ago I'd have favoured Arsenal but as Chelsea won another Europa League and the by far most prestigious club trophy yet again is it in their favour imo.

Arsenal do not have any European honours bar a single CWC. Chelsea got the upper hand now.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
A few years ago I'd have favoured Arsenal but as Chelsea won another Europa League and the by far most prestigious club trophy yet again is it in their favour imo.

Arsenal do not have any European honours bar a single CWC. Chelsea got the upper hand now.
So, the more trophies, the bigger the club ?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
There's many things to consider to say who's bigger. Chelsea just surpassed Arsenal in my opinion.
Arsenal are a much bigger club than Chelsea

Chelsea have been a relevant club for the past 17-18 years.

Arsenal have had a history of winning spanning decades.

Arsenal also have a larger fanbase domestically and internationally.

If European trophies were the only metric, then Nottingham Forest could be considered as big as Chelsea.

It simply doesn't make sense. Chelsea are the more relevant team now but they still have some way to go to catch up to Arsenal.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Arsenal are a much bigger club than Chelsea

Chelsea have been a relevant club for the past 17-18 years.

Arsenal have had a history of winning spanning decades.

Arsenal also have a larger fanbase domestically and internationally.

If European trophies were the only metric, then Nottingham Forest could be considered as big as Chelsea.

It simply doesn't make sense. Chelsea are the more relevant team now but they still have some way to go to catch up to Arsenal.
Fanwise Chelsea really seems to be bigger, at least that's my impression if we talk globally. Can't speak for England.

Arsenal has a bigger history but still did they never win the most coveted trophy in football - Chelsea did this 2 times now.

Arsenal are still in front with the number of domestic titles but Chelsea balance it out more than a little with their two CL titles and two Europa Leagues. A CL trophy is simply just more meaningful/prestigious than any other club trophy and Chelsea has won two of these in less than a decade, Arsenal still doesn't have any.

Arsenal is a has been club, Chelsea while they had some down periodes are the total opposite.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Fanwise Chelsea really seems to be bigger, at least that's my impression if we talk globally. Can't speak for England.

Arsenal has a bigger history but still did they never win the most coveted trophy in football - Chelsea did this 2 times now.

Arsenal are still in front with the number of domestic titles but Chelsea balance it out more than a little with their two CL titles and two Europa Leagues. A CL trophy is simply just more meaningful/prestigious than any other club trophy and Chelsea has won two of these in less than a decade, Arsenal still doesn't have any.

Arsenal is a has been club, Chelsea while they had some down periodes are the total opposite.
Arsenal propaganda makes them more noisy. Their fan culture is more important but Chelsea have been more successful in Europe, they have a winning culture whereas Arsenal has become a failed club and couldn't even dream of achieving the same as their counterpart.

Success is what makes a club bigger, not propaganda. Even then Chelsea has a bigger following in Africa and Asia. Time to live in the present

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Arsenal propaganda makes them more noisy. Their fan culture is more important but Chelsea have been more successful in Europe, they have a winning culture whereas Arsenal has become a failed club and couldn't even dream of achieving the same as their counterpart.

Success is what makes a club bigger, not propaganda. Even then Chelsea has a bigger following in Africa and Asia. Time to live in the present
Agreed.

Another thing is you can’t compare those two European cups Nottingham Forrest won (like @Xperd did) with what Chelsea has done for soon to be 20 years.

Forrest won those two trophies and then totally dissapeared, Chelsea is the complete opposite.

While the European Cup was very prestigious is the CL just even more.

I really don’t like Chelsea but it should be crystal clear they surpassed Arsenal.

May 23, 2013

Players & Managers: Arsenal
Outreach: Chelsea (93 million vs 76 million SM followers at the start of 2021)
International Honors: Chelsea
Domestic Honors: Arsenal
Longevity: Arsenal

Depending upon if you agree with these categories or how you weight them it could go either way. I think within the next decade this will no longer be a debate as I cannot see Arsenal returning to the CL, which would lead to them falling even further behind the top PL sides.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I think Chelsea surpassed them. They really werent a big club at all, their 2005 title was their 2nd ever, and first after 50 years. But they won 4 more after that, and added 2 CLs. I think if Arsenal was still relevant it would have been cloae, but like this they are trending down and Chelsea will keep winning, so its only a matter of time before they are left in the dust trophy wise as well

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Players & Managers: Arsenal
Disagree

Chelsea have had Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte and now Tuchel. Arsenal have had Wenger with his incredible longevity, but I would argue that Mourinho is a bigger legend than any Arsenal manager in history (even if much of his legacy has been build outside of Chelsea).

Chelsea had great players as well but not in the same class as Henry, Bergkamp, Viera and so imo.
Chelsea have had plenty of legendary players in the last 20 years alone: Petr Cech, John Terry, Claude Makelele, Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Franco Zola, Arjen Robben, Eden Hazard

Chelsea also had Jimmy Greaves who is one of the greatest English player of all time.

May 23, 2013
Disagree

Chelsea have had Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte and now Tuchel. Arsenal have had Wenger with his incredible longevity, but I would argue that Mourinho is a bigger legend than any Arsenal manager in history (even if much of his legacy has been build outside of Chelsea).

Chelsea have had plenty of legendary players in the last 20 years alone: Petr Cech, John Terry, Claude Makelele, Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Franco Zola, Arjen Robben, Eden Hazard

Chelsea also had Jimmy Greaves who is one of the greatest English player of all time.
I gave the edge to Arsenal due to Wenger's longevity making him synonymous with the club. The other managers though at a similar caliber if not better than Wenger, had short spells at Chelsea and have their legacies attached to other clubs.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Historically in terms of popularity and number of fans domestically and worldwide, Arsenal have been and are still a much bigger club than Chelsea.

Arsenal have been utter trash for about 10+ years now, but with Chelsea’s success in the league and in Europe over the same timeframe and with no signs of Arsenal improving, the tables could turn one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)