Premier League 2020-21 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Football is my life. I play ever since I can remember with my father.
I hope that he was here to see it. I’m sure he will have seen it with God on his side, and is celebrating.”

Beautiful words from Alisson, who tragically lost his father this year.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
:agree:

They got to face Spurs in their most recent final. We had to face 4 out of 5 Madrid and prime Messi-Suarez-Neymar Barcelona.

Universe isn’t fair :sigh:
We kind of have ourselves to blame for our poor conversion rate. Allegri was unlucky to face two of the greatest teams ever, but under the Lippi era we should have won it numerous times.

We were big favourites in 97 but the team went AWOL. The offside goal in 98, and Nedved’s suspension in 03.

Juventus and Liverpool have both reached 9 European Cup finals. Liverpool are lucky bastards but have converted 6 of their opportunities. As for Juve…

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
We kind of have ourselves to blame for our poor conversion rate. Allegri was unlucky to face two of the greatest teams ever, but under the Lippi era we should have won it numerous times.

We were big favourites in 97 but the team went AWOL. The offside goal in 98, and Nedved’s suspension in 03.

Juventus and Liverpool have both reached 9 European Cup finals. Liverpool are lucky bastards but have converted 6 of their opportunities. As for Juve…
Some teams are just suited for finals more than others it seems. Liverpool tends to be at their best in the European Cup/CL finals. 2005 was a massive fluke from Milan though, they should never have won that.

Not only was that Milan team far superior, they also had by far the most chances. Complacency got in their way.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Some teams are just suited for finals more than others it seems. Liverpool tends to be at their best in the European Cup/CL finals. 2005 was a massive fluke from Milan though, they should never have won that.

Not only was that Milan team far superior, they also had by far the most chances. Complacency got in their way.
2005 was so crazy. We knocked out Chelsea, Juventus and Milan. All were way better than us on paper.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
2005 was so crazy. We knocked out Chelsea, Juventus and Milan. All were way better than us on paper.
I don't know much about your European Cup finals, did you "deserve" to lose in any of those first four finals?

Bayern probably shouldn't have won against Leeds in 1975, against Atletico we scored in the dying seconds and won 4-0 in the replay.

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling sad and happy for him at the same time watching this interview.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't know much about your European Cup finals, did you "deserve" to lose in any of those first four finals?

Bayern probably shouldn't have won against Leeds in 1975, against Atletico we scored in the dying seconds and won 4-0 in the replay.

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling sad and happy for him at the same time watching this interview.

Not really. Maybe against Madrid in 81, but we had one of the best teams in Europe back then. Can’t really say any team who wins a final doesn’t deserve to.

yeah, he had a rough month. happy for him

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Not really. Maybe against Madrid in 81, but we had one of the best teams in Europe back then. Can’t really say any team who wins a final doesn’t deserve to.

yeah, he had a rough month. happy for him
Chelsea 2012 comes to mind :snoop:

I certainly believe you can deserve to lose a final even if you win it and also the other way around. But mostly it's the small things that decides the outcome and you can say it was okay for the one team to win it. But in 2012 it was absolute powerplay towards Chelseas goal for the whole match, but fair play to them for taking their chance.

I could make a case for 99 also, but United scored two times in the stoppage time. That wasn't luck the second time, Bayern only got themselves to blame for that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Chelsea 2012 comes to mind :snoop:

I certainly believe you can deserve to lose a final even if you win it and also the other way around. But mostly it's the small things that decides the outcome and you can say it was okay for the one team to win it. But in 2012 it was absolute powerplay towards Chelseas goal for the whole match, but fair play to them for taking their chance.

I could make a case for 99 also, but United scored two times in the stoppage time. That wasn't luck the second time, Bayern only got themselves to blame for that.
I agree, in a one leg final it really comes down to not letting your guard down and the little things. One mistake can lose it for you.

I think with Chelsea’s win in 2012 you have to give them credit. Every player defended for 90 minutes and made no mistakes. That’s incredibly difficult to do especially in a final when everything is magnified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)