Premier League 2020-21 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Been hoping for Serie A to go back to 18 teams for so long, now Premier League seems to be doing just that and before Serie A. Great trade for EFL, but worrying if even Championship teams have more money than some familiar continental clubs.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wait, how is that 250M bailout divided up?
It's unclear at this stage. I'm presuming a larger proportion will go to Championship clubs to cover their larger costs, decreasing down to League 2.

There is more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54502459

But at this stage it's something created by Liverpool and Man Utd only, and I'm not sure there will be enough support across the board. It does seem in some ways like Agnelli's move to create the Superleague in the sense that it protects the biggest and established clubs. These clubs might talk from a moral perspective about saving football clubs in the lower leagues, but there is also selfish reasoning here. If you look at the current England squad there are hundreds of appearances in the EFL distributed between the players, it's an important stepping stone for the majority of players. Without those clubs and their academies the pickings become slimmer for EPL clubs.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's unclear at this stage. I'm presuming a larger proportion will go to Championship clubs to cover their larger costs, decreasing down to League 2.

There is more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54502459

But at this stage it's something created by Liverpool and Man Utd only, and I'm not sure there will be enough support across the board. It does seem in some ways like Agnelli's move to create the Superleague in the sense that it protects the biggest and established clubs. These clubs might talk from a moral perspective about saving football clubs in the lower leagues, but there is also selfish reasoning here. If you look at the current England squad there are hundreds of appearances in the EFL distributed between the players, it's an important stepping stone for the majority of players. Without those clubs and their academies the pickings become slimmer for EPL clubs.
are there any other proposals at the moment or is this just the beginning?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
are there any other proposals at the moment or is this just the beginning?
Only this one and it doesn't seem to have a lot of support within the PL. The EFL on the other hand seem to support it, but many of the clubs are in financial trouble. Some have weeks left if fans are not let in.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Only this one and it doesn't seem to have a lot of support within the PL. The EFL on the other hand seem to support it, but many of the clubs are in financial trouble. Some have weeks left if fans are not let in.
the Prems solution doesn’t look to be very friendly for Leage 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)