Premier League 2020-21 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2013
1601842349887.png

I saw something special in Villa when they played Arsenal at the end of last season, but never would've imagine they could be this good. Arsenal, United, Spurs, Everton etc will rue not raiding Villa for Jack Grealish last season. Just after Sancho when it comes to young English players.

Top Serie A clubs should take a look at him. He's well suited to the pace of the league.

Jun 6, 2015
1601842349887.png

I saw something special in Villa when they played Arsenal at the end of last season, but never would've imagine they could be this good. Arsenal, United, Spurs, Everton etc will rue not raiding Villa for Jack Grealish last season. Just after Sancho when it comes to young English players.

Top Serie A clubs should take a look at him. He's well suited to the pace of the league.
The problem is Villa asking something like 80m for him. Clubs have been well aware of his talent for some time.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
pool had 2 covid cases lately (thiago and mane). what if half of their team is just in the incubation period, and just like genoa vs napoli, they cannot perform properly? not that i'm looking for an excuse for them, i enjoyed every second of this match, but i don't see any explanation for a zero performance like this.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
wtf this is such a strange week in football. The Napoli shenanigans, United getting destroyed and then now Liverpool

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
pool had 2 covid cases lately (thiago and mane). what if half of their team is just in the incubation period, and just like genoa vs napoli, they cannot perform properly? not that i'm looking for an excuse for them, i enjoyed every second of this match, but i don't see any explanation for a zero performance like this.
it's simple.

last 2 seasons they were motivated. first was motivation to win CL after losing a final. next year the collapsed in extra time vs athletico.

last season season they won league for first time in 30 years after losing it last minute vs man city.

now the motivation is not there anymore. thats why repeat winning is hard.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Harry Maguire - For free and low wages?! Sure! We can make him stronger with our guys here and then ship him to EPL for some cash
As for being the real deal - Yeah he wasnt isnt and will never be the great player EPL thought him to be...
Did you see him today? Have you seen all the other mistakes Maguire has made the past year? He already leads the league in assists - all for the other team. There's nobody on earth or even the footballing heavens that can help this dunce.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, the boys look out of it. Even our attack has been out of sorts
Tim Howard said nobody saw this coming, which is true to some degree, but they've looked poor defensively for a while now. Stupid errors and lack of midfield protection has made it a lot easier for the other sides, especially on the counter. So I can't say I'm utterly shocked to see the result.

Some people were blaming Adrian, but that guy wasn't a bad keeper for West Ham, so it seems like an excuse.

I wouldn't worry too much unless they lose against Everton.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would like to know our heaviest defeats. I dont recall Juve conceding 5 goals since I watch Juve. Are we the only team not to concede 5 goals in 20 years or so?
I'd also like to know if any Ballon D'Or Winner or "defender of the year" has ever lost by a 5 goal margin within two years of receiving the prize. It's probably happened before, perhaps not to Italian sides, but maybe Ramos? Can't imagine it would have been against someone as lowly as Villa.

Jack Grealish is pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)