Premier League 2019/20 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You get a special gold PL trophy if you go an unbeaten season as well, so must be extra annoying:

13f7d12189f7ece21fafea24e02751ff.jpg

Would have been funny if they had not won it for 30 years and then gone and played an unbeaten season.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You get a special gold PL trophy if you go an unbeaten season as well, so must be extra annoying:

13f7d12189f7ece21fafea24e02751ff.jpg

Would have been funny if they had not won it for 30 years and then gone and played an unbeaten season.
So in the top 5 leagues only Milan, Arsenal, and Juve achieved an invincible season, correct?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In the modern era.

Perugia did it in the 1978-79 30-game season, but finished 2nd because they drew 19 games.

P.N.E. did it in the old 1st Division / Football League way back in 1888-89.
bilbao also had an unbeaten season like 90 years ago.

i wonder how bayern never managed that.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

good question.

i think it got something to do with our playstyle in the recent decade especially which can be very rewarding but also make you lose against any team if you don't have the best day in office.

in the treble season we only lost one game the whole season in the Bundesliga, but would be nice to do it without any losses although it doesnt mean much to me, only what you achieve by the season end is useful.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, I don't think De Gea was ever going to save that late goal, he took a big step to the right before the deflection. Very lucky, and a big bottle again...
Also looked like Sigurdsson was taken down in the box in that play. Didn't see any replays of that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I imagine Bilbao was one of the earliest places to be introduced to 'professional' football in Spain, considering where it is geographically and it's historical ties to England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)