Premier League 2019/20 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I hope I'm wrong but I see Liverpool getting another CL on cruise control with Real Madrid having an outside chance. If we sort our issues we improve our odds
Liverpool look the best side in Europe by a bit of a distance right now, but whether a team can consistently get results and good performances for a whole season or at a crucial time is always a mystery, which is one reason why Klopp has learned to manage the side and players a lot better. There is also the possibility of a key injury or a bad 45 minutes in the competition which can put you out.

I know the CL suits teams that can aggressively attack, which is the reason why I'm not as concerned about our defence as far as the CL goes, but the combination of that zonal defence and our current midfield probably means we don't really have a strong chance this year. Not defeatist, just realist. There have clearly been better-positioned Juve sides in the last few years. I expect next season to be the one where we are settled 100% into the formation and style of play. We will get stronger as the season goes on but it has a transitional feel to it. This year I'd be happy with Serie A and having a strong push in the CL, more would be a surprise.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

From last summer...

I can't see Pep staying after this season. 4 years, almost a billion pounds spent, two EPL titles and 3 embarrassing exits in CL from Monaco, Liverpool and Spurs. With their current forms they have 0 chance against RM.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Liverpool look the best side in Europe by a bit of a distance right now, but whether a team can consistently get results and good performances for a whole season or at a crucial time is always a mystery, which is one reason why Klopp has learned to manage the side and players a lot better. There is also the possibility of a key injury or a bad 45 minutes in the competition which can put you out.

I know the CL suits teams that can aggressively attack, which is the reason why I'm not as concerned about our defence as far as the CL goes, but the combination of that zonal defence and our current midfield probably means we don't really have a strong chance this year. Not defeatist, just realist. There have clearly been better-positioned Juve sides in the last few years. I expect next season to be the one where we are settled 100% into the formation and style of play. We will get stronger as the season goes on but it has a transitional feel to it. This year I'd be happy with Serie A and having a strong push in the CL, more would be a surprise.
I keep hearing some pundits say that Liverpool could be in trouble for the CL because they have nothing to play for in the league and hence their training sessions will take a step down in intensity. Not sure if I buy that. Klopp will be able to rest players while everyone else won't be able to. However, I haven't been impressed with how they have been playing at the back this year, despite teams not being able to capitalize on their mistakes. That's what makes this league so disappointing, and Liverpool could meet a side or two that will take their chances in the CL. Hopefully complacency is also a problem for them.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I keep hearing some pundits say that Liverpool could be in trouble for the CL because they have nothing to play for in the league and hence their training sessions will take a step down in intensity. Not sure if I buy that. Klopp will be able to rest players while everyone else won't be able to. However, I haven't been impressed with how they have been playing at the back this year, despite teams not being able to capitalize on their mistakes. That's what makes this league so disappointing, and Liverpool could meet a side or two that will take their chances in the CL. Hopefully complacency is also a problem for them.
unless Klopp pulls a Conte and decides to go for the points record :sergio:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)