Premier League 2019/20 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Serie A is meaningless and Nations League even more so. Plus CR7 did not score a lot. Context means everything.
Winning La Liga is no big achievement for a Barca side up against a Madrid side without CR7. I doubt they weigh the top 5 leagues differently when considering the award.
Having said that, Messi will win it because he was far superior statistically.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
but not as meaningless. In the last 6 years, three different teams have won it.
look at the bigger picture: since 2000-01, the number of teams finishing on the podium of serie a and premier league is the same. we have slightly more podium finishes than manure, and that's basically the difference.

Clipboard01.png

only one thing makes pl more appealing: tv money. and that's down to the stadiums mostly.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
look at the bigger picture: since 2000-01, the number of teams finishing on the podium of serie a and premier league is the same. we have slightly more podium finishes than manure, and that's basically the difference.

Clipboard01.png

only one thing makes pl more appealing: tv money. and that's down to the stadiums mostly.
that comment I had was about la liga.

but I don’t know if I agree with this comparison. 2000-2001 is a very long time ago. A lot has changed since then, that’s 19 years now. Not to mention podium finish includes second and third place. It kind of dilutes the data. And there was also calciopoli which completely changed the face of Serie a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)