Premier League 2019/20 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Didn't watch. United that good or Chelsea that bad?
Chelsea are really bad, they are clueless. Barkley and Mount make so much mistakes

They are to depended on Hazard for years, when the players cant find him anymore they just dont know what to do

And Lampard is look so inexperienced

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Wan-Bissaka and Maguire looked like world class players out there. People were laughing at Maguire and that price tag, but he leads that defense pretty damn well and he is already proved and established in their league. If Pogba is motivated and those strikers get something done more than once out of 3-4 games, they got a chance to make it to top 4.
Wan Bissaka is so nervous but playing alright, when he dribble he cant dribble past defender(Cancelo maybe way better than Wan Bissaka), their attack through left side look more fluid with Shaw, Martial and Rashford

I can think if they can get Cancelo instead Wan Bissaka, they will be more threatening side

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Some say it was basically a reserve team. Quite a few starters rested for the Supercup
Yap I saw some reserves in their starting lineup but I didnt watch the game.
I did however watch the youtube highlights in which Chelsea had about 4 attacks to one of Man Utd and it looked like Man Utd scored goals that could easily be blocked and Chelsea missed some sitters..
Anyway both will not win the EPL as both City and Liverpool are way better...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Probably put out a semi-reserve team. It's a pretty much meaningless friendly and all the way over in Turkey. If it had been pre-season, maybe it'd be taken seriously, but it's not - they'll both prioritise the following weekend's PL fixtures.
And they would be dumb to do so. It's a European trophy which you dont get to play every year.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Wan-Bissaka and Maguire looked like world class players out there. People were laughing at Maguire and that price tag, but he leads that defense pretty damn well and he is already proved and established in their league. If Pogba is motivated and those strikers get something done more than once out of 3-4 games, they got a chance to make it to top 4.
This notion that Utd are idiots for paying £80m for Maguire is off the mark.

They needed a decent CB and they needed one now. Not someone that would take time to adapt to the English league, or to learn the language, or someone with potential to be really great in a few years. Someone good enough right now. The whole league knew this and priced accordingly.

Maguire is exactly what Utd needed and he cost what he cost. £80m for Man Utd is no big deal if it gets them back into CL next year.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maguire is a very good player and will be a very good signing for Man Utd. Actually, so will Wan-Bissaka. Yes the fees are inflated and funny but sometimes, especially when you're a shitshow like Man Utd, you have to pay whatever it takes to get players who are willing to join and make a leap forward. They couldn't get any better than Maguire. Could they sign Koulibaly or De Ligt? Maybe the former, but I doubt it. It's far easier to sign players from non-CL teams.

What they are doing signing younger British players will be good in the long term, but Maguire is an established player. Man Utd can afford big fees despite being shit for years so they will do it if they have to. Of course they are lucky in this way that they play in the Premier League, because the money keeps rolling in. Anywhere else they'd be struggling even more.

Does make me laugh all the reds talking up the team again like they mean business and there were reminders of old United. We'll see when things are actually tough and they face some experienced teams, Lampard's selection was like something a fan would pick going for young players, but his hand was forced a little. Also, on most other days they'd never get a 4-0 win in this game.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Interesting story (depending on your perspective) coming out after our Villa game. Vertonghen didn't make the match day squad.

Alderweireld and Sanchez started with a 20 yo CB as a sub. The reason as Jan is normally a starter? Vertonghen's fitness wasn't up to the levels Poch expected after pre-season so was going to sit him on the bench. Vertonghen complained so he was dropped from the squad entirely and made to watch from the stands instead. There is no rift or bad blood.

I think this is why we're more the sum of our parts and also why we often get results in last five mins. Laziness will not be allowed to fester, and anything other than peak physical fitness is unacceptable. Could you imagine this at Chelsea!?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Bwhaha! That's one week's wages for Raheem Sterling.

Wonder how much the investigation cost. Hope FIFA have at least broke even here.
The fine may only be 400k, but the whole thing probably cost Man City millions of pounds, if you catch my drift.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are.

United have a better goalkeeper, defence and midfield than Chelsea. More individual quality in general imo.
Chelsea’s midfield is better. Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic vs Pogba and some scrubs.
Their defense isn’t too bad if Rudiger is fit. Their attack is horrible though, they will struggle massively to score goals this year and that could be their downfall.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
these english clubs have no morals.

chelsea were banned in trransfer market what in 2011 or was it 2012 for stealing youngsters.

same thing happened again this year.

barca in 2015 same thing

city got away with it.

thank god we are smart and target refs instead of wannabe talent.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
these english clubs have no morals.

chelsea were banned in trransfer market what in 2011 or was it 2012 for stealing youngsters.

same thing happened again this year.

barca in 2015 same thing

city got away with it.

thank god we are smart and target refs instead of wannabe talent.
ah yes very smart you can tell by the minor fine we recieved for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)