Premier League 2018/19 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It was only a matter of time before it happened. They have something like 15 of the 20 richest clubs in Europe. It was probably only having to play 55+ games per season with the two domestic cups that prevented it sooner.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
At some point you won't be able to compete with the money that is put in EPL.I said it few years ago, EPL is going to become the NBL of football.
For a while, yeah. There`s more than 20 filthy rich dumbass megabillioners in the world that cant spend their wealth in one lifetime no matter how stupid they use their money. IF there are no more clubs to buy and own in EPL then they will slowly look at the other big leagues, it will take years but imagine a Serie A for example with 10 clubs owned by multibillioners who are ready and eager to invest heavily in players, managers, stadiums, training facilities, brands, everything... Yeah, it looks ridiculous in 2019, wont happen in a year, two, five period, but lets say 10 to 15 years? A lot may happen in 10-15 years, hence a similar scenario is far from science fiction. Other big leagues doesnt need to surpass the amount of money put in EPL, they wont even have to match it, all they need to do is to get really really close to their level to create more fair and challenging competition. Unlike now, where the money in EPL are twice, 3 or 4 times more than the rest leading championships in Europe. In the end all filthy rich people will always search for ways to get even richer and more powerful...

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
GOAT league

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine, Arsenal winning EL, while Spurs win CL in same week. Arsenal fans couldn't really celebrate then.. :lol:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lol

- - - Updated - - -

At some point you won't be able to compete with the money that is put in EPL.I said it few years ago, EPL is going to become the NBL of football.
This is first season after a long while in which English clubs dominated in Europe. Over the past few years they have been a laughing stock. Lets wait a bit more before labeling them NBA of football. Either way, Juventus with a bit more technical midfield would walk all over their best teams.

Last edited:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I dont see why people worry.

EPL got it kinda lucky this year. If juve didnt botch the ajax game, we would have easily won the CL.
Meanwhile, other italian teams really shit up their luck in the EL

These english teams are rich, but not remotely as good as the mid 00's english teams, please. United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool from early to late 00's were massively better then the current crop.

Juve need to fucking fix that midfield and perform to standard next season cause the competition in europe is at an all time low

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I dont see why people worry.

EPL got it kinda lucky this year. If juve didnt botch the ajax game, we would have easily won the CL.
Meanwhile, other italian teams really shit up their luck in the EL

These english teams are rich, but not remotely as good as the mid 00's english teams, please. United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool from early to late 00's were massively better then the current crop.

Juve need to fucking fix that midfield and perform to standard next season cause the competition in europe is at an all time low
Easily? :howler: :rofl:

We haven't won the fucking competition since 1996: 23 years of heartbreak and failure. And yet here you are, proclaiming that we would've easily won it. Delusion at its finest.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You’re not much better right now, dude. Whining and calling us the Arsenal of CL. Try being a little less dramatic. ;)
We wouldn't have won it easily. It would've still been a challenge, and we could've lost. I'm not calling us anything Bro. We haven't won it in 23 years and have consistently failed at the last hurdle. Therefore, suggesting that we would've easily won it is foolishness at best and hubris at worst.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Easily? :howler: :rofl:

We haven't won the fucking competition since 1996: 23 years of heartbreak and failure. And yet here you are, proclaiming that we would've easily won it. Delusion at its finest.
Delusion is not seeing how the competition is at an all time low, how ajax turned each opponent into a heap of shit and only failed when pressed hard and didnt knew how to keep space tight vs tottenham.

Yet we made them out bitch in the first leg and they needed a boatload of luck to be on a draw, and we had despite the imbalanced midfield, quite the offday of most players

tottenham and fucking pool would have been the opponents. we would have killed that

- - - Updated - - -

Its a complete shame that we didnt manage to take advantage of the worst CL in history

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We wouldn't have won it easily. It would've still been a challenge, and we could've lost. I'm not calling us anything Bro. We haven't won it in 23 years and have consistently failed at the last hurdle. Therefore, suggesting that we would've easily won it is foolishness at best and hubris at worst.
Oh, I agree with you. Zach is being ridiculous. Even if we beat Ajax, I don’t think we were good enough, fit enough, or motivated enough (which is pathetic) to beat Spurs and then Pool this year.

All the same, no reason to overdo the criticism of the club.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh, I agree with you. Zach is being ridiculous. Even if we beat Ajax, I don’t think we were good enough, fit enough, or motivated enough (which is pathetic) to beat Spurs and then Pool this year.

All the same, no reason to overdo the criticism of the club.
The criticism is warranted. We fucked up in January, and our midfield has been shit for two years now. We got Ronaldo, and instead of providing him with the right supporting cast to finally deliver us a title that has eluded us for 23 years, we failed against a young and inexperienced team. This could've been our year, but we were criminally under-prepared, and the team, players, staff, physios, and the club deserve criticism for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)