Premier League 2018/19 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Most people would think it's a glitch or lag or the plane landed somewhere. I don't think anyone would seriously consider a plane crash before some news hit the media.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Well, if they did track it they probably thought its some sort of flighttracker glitch - it happens all the time - planes are dissappearing or are shown flying in wrong direction. I think in Ronaldo saga we had few planes which disappeared from tracker.
Hopefully everything is okay with this guy...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Imagine if you're Cardiff or a fan, record signing and then he dies in a plane crash on the way to joining his new team. Fuck. Obviously it's far worse for his family, but a real oddity in football.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Mo Salah deactivated all his social media accounts. A true GOAT should able to withstand the hate :rolleyes:
If every pro-footballer shut down their social media accounts I think the world would be a better place.

I won't get into a Mo Salah is a diver debate. He just is, pure and simple. But so are a lot of other players, so he's hardly the only one (though he may be worse than most). VAR will see to that for him and everyone else next season anyway.

So good on him for staying off social media and focusing on what he's paid to do. Play football.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. From Mark Clattenburg (ex PL Ref), "One thing I have noticed is that when Salah goes down to try to win penalties, his hands go above his head. This is what officials look for when trying to see if a player has simulated. Usually, if you are knocked over, you put your hands straight out to break your fall."

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...sks-losing-Liverpool-title-diving-antics.html

Needs to work on his diving technique then or, you know ... just not dive.

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Every team has divers these days. If you don’t participate in the dark arts then you end up getting fucked by them.

If the league doesn’t like it then they should come up with punishment that deters the action. Match suspension would probably do the trick.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Apparently Salah deactivated his social media accounts because a lot of people were wishing it was him that boarded the plane instead of Emiliano Sala

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Every team has divers these days. If you don’t participate in the dark arts then you end up getting fucked by them.

If the league doesn’t like it then they should come up with punishment that deters the action. Match suspension would probably do the trick.
I'd like to think that VAR 'could' make it pointless from next season. But you're right, diving only goes away if there's a punishment. If all you get is a yellow card and a not penalty, that's insufficient deterrent on its own.

I'm not so naive to think my team doesn't do it either. But I'd prefer if they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Salah deactivated his social media accounts because a lot of people were wishing it was him that boarded the plane instead of Emiliano Sala
If that's true, then there's some horrible humans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)