Premier League 2018/19 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think Liverpool will get knocked out by Bayern. They are so obsessed with winning the league that fuck all the other competitions.
:andy2:

- - - Updated - - -

t
Nah. It wasn't. I watched it too. Filled with poor touches, inaccurate passing, bad decision-making, desperate defending of situations that shouldn't have been dangerous in the first place.

Liverpool often plays entertaining football (i rarely watch City so I have no idea with them), but this was not decent in the slightest. It was as bad as the worst of our matches.
I know you aren't. I was only teasing there.

Like always, entertainment value of a match is subjective. I hate watching this sort of football, I find it amusing and laughable at first, and then tedious and boring as the match goes one. But that's just my personal opinion.

I find it funny that some think Juventus under Allegri "objectively" plays bad football, and this EPL style that we saw today is "objectively" far more entertaining. If it suits your taste, so be it, that's fine. But the same can be said for our style when Allegri gets us clicking. It suits my taste, I enjoy it immensely.
Fully agreed about the entertainment regarding PL football, but that's what they always say "the pace you know, teams from other leagues can't keep up with it" :lol:

United under Fergie played some very nice football mostly imo, but else PL football is not special at all even if they wanna hype it up massively

Last edited:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I think Liverpool will get knocked out by Bayern. They are so obsessed with winning the league that fuck all the other competitions.
Or in the next round. As we saw last year Liverpool are not strong enoough to compete for both. They’ve been quite abysmal in the CL and got very lucky not getting knocked out of the group stages.

- - - Updated - - -

Cancerous football that brings us a disgusting 3 points every week? I’ll take it
People, who calls our football cancerous, clearly weren’t fans when Capello was our coach.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Would you want it any other way though, imagine having man u type fans here
We already have those.
The technical level always suffers in big PL games, because the intensity goes sky high and players have to rush everything and get caught up in the moment. This was a really high stakes game for the time in the season, but I don't think either coach truly believe in planning over periods of games or the season, they have a style and it's more a case of taking each game as it comes and trying to attack and win every game.

A lot of people actually like watching this kind of football, it's one reason why the league sold itself well. Give casual fans slow and tactical and they won't understand or appreciate it, but it's an easy watch as a casual to see two teams running all over each other.
:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
From Liverpool, it was the sort of high intensity, untidy game that I expect. Given that they thrive on turnovers/transitions, I'm not going to blame them. They choose not to play technically gifted enough players to give themselves a chance of keeping the ball.

Was more surprised by City. Haven't seen much of them (Manchester derby may have been last time), but their approach was a long way off what I expected. They had the players to keep the ball, but they looked too scared of giving the ball away and so they kept making bad choices in possession and so couldn''t control the game.

City were very lucky to come out of that with a win after foolishly playing the sort of game Liverpool wanted.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm no huge fan of Guardiola, but I struggle to think of the last time I saw one of his teams play with such a lack of any discernible plan for how to control the game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And these games are mindlessly entertaining.

The game is fast and there's something happening a lot of the time.

Just don't expect anything that might warrant some real thought or deep discussion.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Or in the next round. As we saw last year Liverpool are not strong enoough to compete for both. They’ve been quite abysmal in the CL and got very lucky not getting knocked out of the group stages.

- - - Updated - - -

People, who calls our football cancerous, clearly weren’t fans when Capello was our coach.
The odd thing is many probably were they just remember each bygone era through nostalgia covered glasses

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Klopp took 2 months to even start playing Fabinho. He played 15 minutes total in Liverpool's first 10 matches in all comps. He started 1 match of 6 in the entire CL group stage (and played less than 15 minutes in his 3 sub appearances).

Imagine Allegri did this with Fabinho if we had signed him for 45mil. The meltdown on the forum calling for Allegri's head would have been amazing.
Yeah but fabinho has really been their inform player of late. It seems very strange to pick Henderson to say the least ahead of him and Keita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)