Premier League 2018/19 (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
What killed Mourinho is his mouth. He criticises his own players, management, doctors or maybe his kids. He is the type who farts around his children and blame on them for giving him some food that upsets his stomach. That statement ‘ I am the special one’ was the beginning of his arrogance . Trash talk is not for football, it is for boxing. I wonder who will he manage next. Portugal National Team

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It'll be Conte or Pochettino.

0 chance of Zidane coaching Utd, which is in worse state than the team he quit and won't be in CL or be a title contender. His agent even rejected the notion of him ever coaching an EPL team IIRC.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He's been found out. His style of play and personality aren't surprising or fooling anyone anymore and haven't for a while. Since then he has shown his complete inability to adapt and he's had years and multiple top jobs to do it in.
In the good old days, his players in his Porto, Chelsea and Inter teams would run through brick-walls for him. He was the ultimate man-manager.

These days, they all despise him and he jumps at the first opportunity to blame them for losses and he openly criticises them to the media. He is absolutely toxic, the sooner the game is rid of the likes of him the better.

Actually, come to think of it, I hope he goes back to Inter. It would be an absolute car crash and I’d love it. They’re made for each other. Two scummy entities entwined as one.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
In the good old days, his players in his Porto, Chelsea and Inter teams would run through brick-walls for him. He was the ultimate man-manager.

These days, they all despise him and he jumps at the first opportunity to blame them for losses and he openly criticises them to the media. He is absolutely toxic, the sooner the game is rid of the likes of him the better.

Actually, come to think of it, I hope he goes back to Inter. It would be an absolute car crash and I’d love it. They’re made for each other. Two scummy entities entwined as one.
As much as I would like to own Mourinho's Inter, he would actually win them a Coppa or two, and probably be constantly in top 4.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Context is everything. As a standalone comment, I agree with you. Football is global, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Context

It's annoying when 'fans' from (e.g. USA) pick a team to support and act up. There's no decent sides within a 1,000 miles so they look overseas. Let's say they choose Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Just for argument's sake, because they're both odious clubs. So it'll help make this story more relateable. Bear with me here.

Then said American Real Madrid fan bigs it up on the internet, at work, wherever. Shitting on everyone else's team. Being an arrogant tool. Feeling smug in his reflected glory, which he had zero part in creating. And with months, and not years, of emotional investment. All the highs, and minimal lows.

When you're from somewhere where your from down the road team is Elite level in global terms, but not necessarily of THE Elite. A local side who you go and watch live, and pay good money to do so, with little option to change your allegiances, because ... well because you just can't. Well, it's annoying when the non-Spanish speaking Madrid keyboard fans of this world act up.

They guy in your twitter screen grab probably wasn't one of those types. And the over-reaction not really necessary from the respondent (although I can't see the full conversation, so maybe it was). But it's not just English fans. Spanish, French and Italians can all be like this sometimes, it's just their tweets/posts etc don't get as much coverage because they're not in the global language, i.e. not in English.

To end my little story - this is why I engage here. Because most (*cough* Badass *cough*) of you global fans of Juve are not like the global fans of Madrid, Barca and EPL teams. And perhaps this is why the tweet seems as if it came from the stone age.

Take in the context. The West Ham fan was possibly from East London. Probably over-reacted, but may have had years of this crap from 'Liverpudlians' or 'Mancs'.

TLDR: two different types of fans, they'll never see eye to eye. It has nothing to do with nationality. The same response would probably had been given if the guy from Azerbaijan was from Cornwall.
That's a good post. :tup:

You know, many people tend to use the word ''choose'' when speaking about foreign fans and the teams that they support. I don't really get how can you just ''choose'' your team. Personally, I never got to choose my team because I grew up watching football with my dad and he only watched Juve. I follow only this club ever since. I believe the majority of fans have a particular reason for falling in love with a football club. Many of them being won over by big players, others just get attached to the traditions or atmosphere, you can go on and on. That is why big and small clubs exist and naturally fans of so called smaller teams get mad sometimes. Like that West Ham dude in the tweet.

Let's look at this from a different point of view. Have you ever hear an American complaining about Europeans who support the NBA clubs? I haven't. I'd guess you haven't heard it either. They seem to have a different mentality and appreciation on this matter. On 17 January 2019, another NBA regular season game will be played in Europe just to let fans feel closer to their teams or the league. I will always say that you can support any team that you want as long as you're loyal and ALWAYS stick to them no matter what. By the way, it is nice to hear those kind words about Juventus fan base from you. Is that why you sticking around here?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
That's a good post. :tup:

You know, many people tend to use the word ''choose'' when speaking about foreign fans and the teams that they support. I don't really get how can you just ''choose'' your team. Personally, I never got to choose my team because I grew up watching football with my dad and he only watched Juve. I follow only this club ever since. I believe the majority of fans have a particular reason for falling in love with a football club. Many of them being won over by big players, others just get attached to the traditions or atmosphere, you can go on and on. That is why big and small clubs exist and naturally fans of so called smaller teams get mad sometimes. Like that West Ham dude in the tweet.

Let's look at this from a different point of view. Have you ever hear an American complaining about Europeans who support the NBA clubs? I haven't. I'd guess you haven't heard it either. They seem to have a different mentality and appreciation on this matter. On 17 January 2019, another NBA regular season game will be played in Europe just to let fans feel closer to their teams or the league. I will always say that you can support any team that you want as long as you're loyal and ALWAYS stick to them no matter what. By the way, it is nice to hear those kind words about Juventus fan base from you. Is that why you sticking around here?
I know it’s a cliche, but really it’s your football team that chooses you. I can never start supporting some other club from tomorrow just because I choose to.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don't really get how can you just ''choose'' your team. Personally, I never got to choose my team because I grew up watching football with my dad and he only watched Juve.
And what if you never had this opportunity to just fall into it because of family?
I know it’s a cliche, but really it’s your football team that chooses you. I can never start supporting some other club from tomorrow just because I choose to.
:agree: Exactly. It just feels right.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Seeing Montero bully fuckers while I was 6, was love at first sight. Then I saw them lose the CL final that same year, I instantly knew that was it
I think the first match I saw was the win against Lazio in 2010 when Krasic scored the late winner. 7th place twice in a row with seemingly no hope of getting better, but dammit it felt so right :touched:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)