Premier League 2018/19 (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
It's funny when these great English minds always slagging off foreigners and tell them what they can do and what not. :lol:So many comments like this I see every day on Twitter. I mean, come one, it's not a stone age. Football is global.
Context is everything. As a standalone comment, I agree with you. Football is global, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Context

It's annoying when 'fans' from (e.g. USA) pick a team to support and act up. There's no decent sides within a 1,000 miles so they look overseas. Let's say they choose Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. Just for argument's sake, because they're both odious clubs. So it'll help make this story more relateable. Bear with me here.

Then said American Real Madrid fan bigs it up on the internet, at work, wherever. Shitting on everyone else's team. Being an arrogant tool. Feeling smug in his reflected glory, which he had zero part in creating. And with months, and not years, of emotional investment. All the highs, and minimal lows.

When you're from somewhere where your from down the road team is Elite level in global terms, but not necessarily of THE Elite. A local side who you go and watch live, and pay good money to do so, with little option to change your allegiances, because ... well because you just can't. Well, it's annoying when the non-Spanish speaking Madrid keyboard fans of this world act up.

They guy in your twitter screen grab probably wasn't one of those types. And the over-reaction not really necessary from the respondent (although I can't see the full conversation, so maybe it was). But it's not just English fans. Spanish, French and Italians can all be like this sometimes, it's just their tweets/posts etc don't get as much coverage because they're not in the global language, i.e. not in English.

To end my little story - this is why I engage here. Because most (*cough* Badass *cough*) of you global fans of Juve are not like the global fans of Madrid, Barca and EPL teams. And perhaps this is why the tweet seems as if it came from the stone age.

Take in the context. The West Ham fan was possibly from East London. Probably over-reacted, but may have had years of this crap from 'Liverpudlians' or 'Mancs'.

TLDR: two different types of fans, they'll never see eye to eye. It has nothing to do with nationality. The same response would probably had been given if the guy from Azerbaijan was from Cornwall.

Last edited:

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Manchester United announces that manager Jose Mourinho has left the club with immediate effect.

The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.
A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager.

TONAL_CREST_Black-%C2%AB61516982975744_thumb.jpg

by
Communications Department
Tuesday 18 December 2018 09:45

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/official-manchester-united-statement-on-jose-mourinho

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Mourinho finally decided to go. I guess Shaqiri must have broken him.
I dont think he decided anything here. He is the type of cockroach who stays until the owners have enough of him and decide to fire him. The last club where he didnt get fired was merda. That was also the last time when he was relevant! Almost a decade full of failures and mediocrity...

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I dont think he decided anything here. He is the type of cockroach who stays until the owners have enough of him and decide to fire him. The last club where he didnt get fired was merda. That was also the last time when he was relevant! Almost a decade full of failures and mediocrity...
Nah, he won the Copa in 11 and La Liga in 12 with Real, then went on to win the PL with Chelsea in the 14-15 season. I would say it really went downhill for him in 2015, since then he haven't been what he used to - and luckily for that

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Nah I agree with Tosh, he hasn’t been the same dominant personality and tactically switched on manager since Inter. Poop Guardiola fucked with him massively in Spain and he’s become more and more unhinged ever since. He’s finished at the top level.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Nah, he won the Copa in 11 and La Liga in 12 with Real, then went on to win the PL with Chelsea in the 14-15 season. I would say it really went downhill for him in 2015, since then he haven't been what he used to - and luckily for that
Yes, he also won the Carabao cup twice - in 15 and in 17, the Spanish super cup in 12 and Community Shield in 16 and of course, the mighty Europa league...
Noone denies his accomplishments after the merda treble, the topic is their insignificance. He peaked as a coach too early and just like many other examples in history, he made the most common and devastating mistake one could ever make when reaches the very top - let his ego take over his mind and senses.

He truly believed that he was a massive star and a living legend, a special one, and that was the end of him. It is his own fault, I just cant feel sorry for the guy, because he did all of that by himself, and he just wont learn his lesson, he keeps doing the same mistakes, which makes him not only a failure with an enormous ego, but also an idiot for repeating it all over again...

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yes, he also won the Carabao cup twice - in 15 and in 17, the Spanish super cup in 12 and Community Shield in 16 and of course, the mighty Europa league...
Noone denies his accomplishments after the merda treble, the topic is their insignificance. He peaked as a coach too early and just like many other examples in history, he made the most common and devastating mistake one could ever make when reaches the very top - let his ego take over his mind and senses.

He truly believed that he was a massive star and a living legend, a special one, and that was the end of him. It is his own fault, I just cant feel sorry for the guy, because he did all of that by himself, and he just wont learn his lesson, he keeps doing the same mistakes, which makes him not only a failure with an enormous ego, but also an idiot for repeating it all over again...
I wouldn't say that winning a La Liga and PL title is insignificant, but I agree he kinda lost his "invincible" predicate after his Inter days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)