Premier League 2018/19 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
0-0 boring as fuck. But what the PL table needed. Just 2 points separate the top 5.

We get Chelsea v Utd, Spurs v City, Arsenal v Liverpool and City v United in the next few rounds to start weaving this season's story.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
0-0 boring as fuck. But what the PL table needed. Just 2 points separate the top 5.

We get Chelsea v Utd, Spurs v City, Arsenal v Liverpool and City v United in the next few rounds to start weaving this season's story.
let the battle for the least incompetent team begin!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think City are in a league of their own, no one can touch them if they have another 100 point season, no way Klopps Pool or Sarri's Chelsea are that consistent. But, if they drop their standards, I agree, teams like Chelsea, Pool and even Spurs are probably capable of pulling off 80-85 point seasons, which could be enough for a title

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
This season is between City and Chelsea. Liverpool is the best 2nd team. They will finish 3rd this season :)
This is an interesting take so early in the season and especially when there is only 2 points between the top five, and not that many games have taken place between the big 6 (I'm including Utd in that bracket at least, as they won't be shit all year, and may well influence the upper league placements indirectly).

I think City are in a league of their own, no one can touch them if they have another 100 point season, no way Klopps Pool or Sarri's Chelsea are that consistent. But, if they drop their standards, I agree, teams like Chelsea, Pool and even Spurs are probably capable of pulling off 80-85 point seasons, which could be enough for a title
If any gets 100 points they'll win the league. And City are the only team capable of that. So I'd agree with this completely. Chelsea, Pool and Spurs are 'capable' of 80-85 points. Perhaps even Arsenal are too (LOL).

Chelsea have really surprised me and they have no CL distraction. They've been impressive.

Liverpool also look a cut above too. Right now at least and have made a great start. But there's still a last minute brain fart in them and they also have a proper group this time in the early CL. Plus Salah may be a one-season wonder. Once they experience their first defeat, I can see a slide. I guess it depends whether that first defeat comes early enough to slow them down.

Spurs have had their joint best ever start to a PL this year (hard to believe given they've lost 2 matches) and ended up with 86 last time that happened. Plus we're going out of the CL it seems (thanks to fuckwit levels of concentration vs Inter). Think it depends whether the new stadium galvanises us or has a negative effect to start with.

City would still have to be favourites, as their ceiling is so much higher than everyone else's.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
So apparently Arsenal are switching to Adidas for their kits next season and are going to get paid £60 million per year. How much are we getting from them again €30 mil per year? Didn’t we recently renegotiate our deal with them where we get a bigger cut of the profits from shirts we sell?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
From the wording Agnelli used when getting rid of Marotta and Mazzia, I'd say he disagrees and intends to do something about it :D

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...ilence-over-marotta-exit-comments-on-pa-98085
What I'm saying is that teams in that league have exposure just by being part of it, even the crap. Arsenal in a sporting sense are miles behind us yet they can command these kind of deals because of brand exposure.

I'm sure we'll be thinking up lots of ideas, and signing players like Ronaldo will only enhance our bargaining position.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
What I'm saying is that teams in that league have exposure just by being part of it, even the crap. Arsenal in a sporting sense are miles behind us yet they can command these kind of deals because of brand exposure.

I'm sure we'll be thinking up lots of ideas, and signing players like Ronaldo will only enhance our bargaining position.
It’s all about the Champions League and Galacticos.

National exposure is irrelevant here, the disposable income of Italians is much lower than in England where the average salary is almost double. It’s overseas markets Juve must capitalise on.

Clearly Juve can’t do much about Serie A’s global appeal (or lack thereof) but they can certainly be masters of their own destiny.

Big name players & CL success. That’s what needs to happen, and your board seem well on the way to providing for that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It’s all about the Champions League and Galacticos.

National exposure is irrelevant here, the disposable income of Italians is much lower than in England where the average salary is almost double. It’s overseas markets Juve must capitalise on.

Clearly Juve can’t do much about Serie A’s global appeal (or lack thereof) but they can certainly be masters of their own destiny.

Big name players & CL success. That’s what needs to happen, and your board seem well on the way to providing for that.
National exposure might be irrelevant but the global exposure of the Premier League is only rivaled by the big Spanish two. The PL has managed to build this following despite those two teams continually taking their best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)