Premier League 2017/18 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I've never seen a team as organised and as well drilled as Guardiola's teams

His football is beyond any level I could have ever imagined

He does require certain types of players for that system to work but that shouldn't take away from how good he is as a manager because he has to get top talent

When the final pieces come together his teams trump everyone else
:rofl: Please be trolling. Peps teams lets goals in left and right as soon they meet a good attacking/well organised team. We seen it again and again. He cant organise a defence for good. He is maybe the best setting up his attack/offensive, but defence? Hell no.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
:rofl: Please be trolling. Peps teams lets goals in left and right as soon they meet a good attacking/well organised team. We seen it again and again. He cant organise a defence for good. He is maybe the best setting up his attack/offensive, but defence? Hell no.
Organised doesn't imply that you have to defend for your lives

Your clinging onto that defensive stereotype and not actually acknowledging Guardiola's teams are super organised

If you watch his teams play on a consistent basis and break everything down there is no other conclusion that can be had other than his teams are the most organised or there or there abouts to other teams

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goals_conceded

Least amount of goals conceded in the league but his teams can't defend according to you

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Organised doesn't imply that you have to defend for your lives

Your clinging onto that defensive stereotype and not actually acknowledging Guardiola's teams are super organised

If you watch his teams play on a consistent basis and break everything down there is no other conclusion that can be had other than his teams are the most organised or there or there abouts to other teams

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goals_conceded

Least amount of goals conceded in the league but his teams can't defend according to you
Jupp Heynckes is the perfect example how to make a team as good organised, you could actually mention Allegri also even though I know you dont think so. Pep is definitely not that and never been. As soon as a decent counter side play him, he is in trouble. And why is that? Because he cant set up a good organisation as you said. He is all in for attacking, he wants to outscore the opponents and dominate, but while doing that youre defenders are also very vulnerable.

I cant count how many times Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Benatia, Alaba and so on was on their own and had to fight for their lives on the pitch defensively to make up for Peps tactics. This man in the video below knows how you organise a team without parking the bus.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Jupp Heynckes is the perfect example how to make a team as good organised, you could actually mention Allegri also even though I know you dont think so. Pep is definitely not that and never been. As soon as a decent counter side play him, he is in trouble. And why is that? Because he cant set up a good organisation as you said. He is all in for attacking, he wants to outscore the opponents and dominate, but while doing that youre defenders are also very vulnerable.

I cant count how many times Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Benatia, Alaba and so on was on their own and had to fight for their lives on the pitch defensively to make up for Peps tactics. This man in the video below knows how you organise a team without parking the bus.

No system is perfect and they all have weaknesses in one way or another, to say his teams are not organised is just not true.

Every player knows their roles, every player knows where their team mate is going to be at certain times, every players know which runs to make and when to press and when to drop off

The list is almost endless and if you think that his teams aren't organised in a way to defend their goal then there is no getting through to you as you simply don't want to see it

Even Xabi Alonso stated Pep works on defence more than attack with his teams and he played under him at Bayern, it may be an unorthodox way to defend but it is still defending in another way and may not look like his teams are actually defending because they have the ball in the opponents half

And that’s only worked when peps has a supremely talented squad. As we saw last year when he doesn’t have a squad at that level the team fails unlike Allegri or Simeone
Yes I never said he doesn't need the best players for his system to work, when it works it is arguably the highest level of football that is on display

Maybe, but when you lose the ball the defenders are left on their own because of the playing style.
You are defending even when you have the ball, when his teams press the opposition back into their own half that is a form of defence as they simply can not score at that moment in time and have to defend their own goal

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I never said Pep is a shit coach or that Man City is a shit team, offcourse they are not. What they are doing so far is remarkable.

But to say Pep is the best coach ever to organise a team is simply not true imo. If he was, why would he then so often shit the bed in the biggest CL matches while being a coach at Bayern?

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I never said Pep is a shit coach or that Man City is a shit team, offcourse they are not. What they are doing so far is rather remarkable.

But to say Pep is the best coach ever to organise a team is simply not true imo. If he was, why would he then so often shit the bed in the biggest CL matches while being a coach at Bayern?
The best team doesn't always win

I personally think Heynckes had the best Bayern team but you also have to factor in when Pep took over the same players probably didn't have the same motivation they had under Heynckes after winning the treble

Also you have to factor in there was a lot of politics in the Bayern dressing room and as you mentioned not all the players bought into his system

I think his time there was a partial failure as his teams were more than good enough to win the CL

For what ever reasons it didn't happen

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
One of the reasons he never won the CL with Bayern Munich is because the club already have a clear identity and play style. Offcourse he was unlucky at some moments, but he was also way to stubborn to make things easy when it was needed.

As you say the City players will lick his balls and do anything he says, because thats a club without the same history, a clear play style and so on. The players follows him all the way. Certain players at Bayern also had big respect for Pep and his work, but never the whole squad for some of the mentioned reasons. The fans were very divided as well regarding him.
Agreed! He came to a mature Bayern mid cycle too and not at the beginning of a new one the way he did with Barca and now City. Every rich club trying to build something special should now trust him to build their teams in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)